Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Jandt
United States
Watertown
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Running through the first mission and it says to activate the bombs is a Difficulty 3 Manipulation check. Doing it remotely with a computer is also Difficulty 3.

Can the minions here (i.e. not Bane) actually do this?

My understanding is that if you don't have a die on the card for Manipulation or Thought then you can't do those. And the few minions that have them are either a single yellow or orange die, which would not give enough successes to succeed on the action.

What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravynlocke wrote:
Running through the first mission and it says to activate the bombs is a Difficulty 3 Manipulation check. Doing it remotely with a computer is also Difficulty 3.

My understanding is that if you don't have a die on the card for Manipulation or Thought then you can't do those. And the few minions that have them are either a single yellow or orange die, which would not give enough successes to succeed on the action.

What am I missing here?

If they don’t have dice to do it, they can’t do it. They could do an automatic manipulation, but these are complex manipulations, so no, only certain characters can do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Dabrowski
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravynlocke wrote:
And the few minions that have them are either a single yellow or orange die, which would not give enough successes to succeed on the action.
For Manipulation the Thugs with Firearm roll a white and orange die which can give them up to 4 successes.
For Thought the Thugs with Crowbar roll a white and yellow die (and may reroll the white die) which can give them up to 4 successes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Also, I believe the minions capable of doing a complex manipulation/thought action actually roll two dice (yellow and white if I'm not mistaken). :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
ravynlocke wrote:

What am I missing here?

I think you might be the latest victim to "see right through" the white die and consider it a blank or something. It is actually a white die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.