Subject: Combat Card CAP Fighter 2nd Wave rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this card work with Carrier Fighters/Dreadnought Fighters too?

I ask because the rules for Carriers/Dreadnoughts always reference their fighters as "Carrier Fighters"/Dreadnought Fighters" but not as "CAP Fighters".
So this seems to imply a difference between those Fighter types.
And the Combat Card specifically mentions CAP Fighters.

Thanks

Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Heckman
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Yuk sez, "Play more games!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe "CAP Fighters" applies to Flagships, Carriers and Dreadnoughts. The rules generally distinguish between "Long Range Fighters" (Green Fighter Units) and "CAP Fighters" (Fighter mini's attached to a Capital ship)

- Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cap fighters are only those with Capital ships. In other words, no long range fighters.

Not that we should use thematic reasons, but the title confirms it. You scramble a wave of ready cap fighters when first engaged. Then when the rest of the pilots mobilize, the capital ship launches its next wave of fighters to defend. Long range fighters aren't going to "regenerate" like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Cap and cap--good memory device! CAP of course historically stands for Combat Air Patrol; those fighters kept on station to protect their large mother ship.

For a similar historical carrier abbreviation, fans of the revived Battlestar Galactica will remember that Captain Apollo was also known as the CAG or Commander Air Group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
chas59 wrote:
CAP of course historically stands for Combat Air Patrol; those fighters kept on station to protect their large mother ship.

Yes, but since they didn't CAPitalize it anywhere in the rules or game aids, I don't know if that is what they are going for here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Korstick
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the original posters question was does the card also apply to carrier fighters and Dreadnought fighters. He never mentioned long range fighters. I'm guessing it does but it would be nice to get a definitive answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Von Korstick wrote:
I think the original posters question was does the card also apply to carrier fighters and Dreadnought fighters. He never mentioned long range fighters. I'm guessing it does but it would be nice to get a definitive answer.

And that is how we responded. Cap fighters should be all fighters with capital ships, which include flagships, dreadnoughts, and carriers. Or, it is everything that isn't a long-range fighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the card text actually say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Heckman
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Yuk sez, "Play more games!"
mbmbmbmbmb
"Return up to 3 cap fighters to 1 or more of your units that has lost 1 or more of its cap fighters. The number of cap fighters may not be more than the original number of cap fighters that were with a unit."

Taken from Red Alert - Commands & Colors Series website.
https://www.commandsandcolors.net/redalert/
Page title: Cap Fighter Second Wave - Red Alert - Commands & Colors Series
Page link: https://www.commandsandcolors.net/redalert/the-game/combat-c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heckmac wrote:
"Return up to 3 cap fighters to 1 or more of your units that has lost 1 or more of its cap fighters. The number of cap fighters may not be more than the original number of cap fighters that were with a unit."

Taken from Red Alert - Commands & Colors Series website.
https://www.commandsandcolors.net/redalert/
Page title: Cap Fighter Second Wave - Red Alert - Commands & Colors Series
Page link: https://www.commandsandcolors.net/redalert/the-game/combat-c...

Ok thanks for the answer and the links, I knew about the website but didn't know it had all the cards on it as well.

I officially have the game on order now and am pretty pumped to be getting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.