Subject: Bugs in Steam app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuomas L
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some spoilers ahead (2nd entry)!

I've played for four scenarios now and I've encountered some bugs.

1. During the third scenario I was checking out the party menu and fiddling with the last stand buttons. After I backed away to the adventure map view, a yellow-colored frame appeared on the middle of the screen and stayed there no matter what I did. Restarting the app fixed it.

2. During the fourth scenario after I made a guess about who the spy would be, the app informed that all person tokens should be taken off the board. All but one token were erased from the digital map. The token which didn't go away was the spy's. I was still able to interact with it and all the conversation options were available, including the one where I could've tried to apprehend the spy. However I didn't do so because I didn't want the app to get more messed up as it already was. I was able to finish the scenario by just ignoring that token.

So now, based on how much the devs cared about the app release, I'm a little worried if they even read these reports and if they're going to do something to fix those bugs or not. A reply from the devs would be great, but I'm not having too high hopes on that to happen. I posted this report to Steam discussions too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They update the others apps they do, so they will fix bugs in this .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:
They update the others apps they do, so they will fix bugs in this .

So it is well worthwhile reporting such problems to FFG, if you can, should you encounter them in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devs don't read these forums, but contacting the devs via bug report tools or email most likely is usefull!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I plan to buy this game at some point, but just couldn't bring myself to be one of the early purchasers for this very reason.

I don't think I've purchased any gaming software for the last 15 years that didn't come with significant bugs upon release. It does seem that we've become much more tolerant of the "It'll eventually get fixed in 2.0" inevitability.

This is one of the reasons I love board games. At least with board games, we can house rule any initial bugs we find and keep playing. With software bugs, big ones can take you right out of the game and you're at the mercy of the developer to make things right.

Thankfully the reported bugs so far don't sound like gamebreakers. Hopefully, FFG will aggressively get these squashed ASAP and keep working on the app until it's fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try to these
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1003400/discussions/

and exspecilly this
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/support/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.