Subject: Abort Mission? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Pontypridd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can one voluntarily abort a mission after target bound event is drawn?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Without having the rulebook handy to confirm, but I believe "Yes". The ability to abort should be a natural abaility, and thus absolutely allowed. So I belive that you simply turn around and fly back home, following the normal rules for the return trip.

Though of course you won't be able to collect XPs (I think), nor claim VPs for the target.

But all that is simply from my memory... it's been a while since I've played, and again, I don't have the rulebook handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Pontypridd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The reason why I want to is the target bound event card added three damage to the target, thus destroying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmmm... in that event, it's a good question! Though again, the rulebook may have the answer for us. If no one answers in the near future, I'll download the rulebook (am traveling now) and help scour it for a reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the PDF rulebook and cannot find the word "abort" in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, there are no rules for aborting a mission once you have drawn an event card. I can see aborting, or being forced to continue because you don't know that the target was destroyed by the RAF during the night.

I would go ahead and abort in that situation. Seems a little pointless to continue since the target is already destroyed.

Dean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.