5 Posts

Unlock! Expedition: Challenger» Forums » General

Subject: Cannot understand the code.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ark Freight
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I couldn't get how the code is 2120 for the book.. I don't see anywhere in the game to hint using water to break the chain or the fact that water freezes at 0 degree and boils at 100 degree. I expect the game to be self-contained (ie. no general knowledge involved).
Someone please enlighten me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex McRally
Italy
Perugia
flag msg tools
water boils at 212 in fahrenheit (=100 celsius) and freezes at 0 celsius degree. On book the red F means "use the fahrenheit for the boils" and the blue C means "use the celcius for the freezes"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ark Freight
msg tools
How did you know we need to use water?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a water symbol (wave) next to the Fahrenheit and Celsius symbols... This was by far the weakest puzzle in the game in my opinion. Rest was a lot of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Leon
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I agree 100%. I had to Google boiling point of water (it's just not something that is in that big brain of mine, LOL!), and that was only after getting the hint saying that I needed to know that. I was looking all over the book trying to find anything blue or red to give me some bearing on what I was looking for. Why would I even think to know that it was talking about the boiling point or freezing point given what I was given?? Very frustrating. I hope the rest of the clues aren't this obnoxious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.