Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I reading right that a train placed on Spot 1 using the Start Action will move from spot 1 to the highest number spot, turn around, and go back to spot 1 during the Train Phase? Then the token is removed from the board. Essentially, you ignore the 5 space movement rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No it follows the same movement speed rules as an "investment-started" train. The only unique thing about its movement is that, if it hasn't been invested in by the time it returns to spot 1, it leaves the board.

EDIT: Really the thing might be summarized as: trains enter the board either when someone buys their first stock or when someone uses the start action. When a train returns to spot 1, it turns around if it has stock owners and leaves the board if not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sula
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood the Start action to mean that the train is placed on Spot 1. Then during the Train phase, it moves its 5 spaces. It will continue to move its 5 spaces each Train phase after that, following the track to the end and back to the beginning again (just like any other train).
The difference is that if nobody has bought stock in that train by the time it reaches its Spot 1 again, then it is removed from the board upon reaching Spot 1.
If someone buys stock in that train before it finishes its round trip journey, then once it reaches Spot 1, it will turn around and continue traveling.

EDIT: ninja'd (looks like I have it right though!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.