5 Posts

Clank! In! Space!» Forums » General

Subject: Why Best 3 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Song
msg tools
mb
Hi everyone, I recently bought Clank, and was wondering why it was best with 3 players. I also realize that the players also said it was better 2 than 4 based on poll.

I was wondering, why it is best with 3?

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
ivreal wrote:
Hi everyone, I recently bought Clank, and was wondering why it was best with 3 players. I also realize that the players also said it was better 2 than 4 based on poll.

I was wondering, why it is best with 3?

Thanks everyone!

It is more fun when your turn comes around quicker. Fewer players means less down time watching other people take their turn. This is often true for deck builders.

Some feel this game runs long. Fewer players keeps it to a more acceptable game length.

Fewer players moving around the board grabbing treasures before you do and buying cards you want can be less frustrating.

These arguments suggest two should be preferred to three. Maybe two player seems sterile for some people. The poll percentages don't differ much between two and three player recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it’s worth, I think all player counts is equally fun with this game. It definitely doesn’t run long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny P
Canada
Dollard des ormeux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
80% of games are best at 3 so im not surprised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Song
msg tools
mb
@Peter

You definitely bring up some good points. I could see the down times.

Also with people buying cards that you want can also be frustrating.

Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.