Subject: What's the story with this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Tiberius O'Flynn
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Strength & Honour. Fortune & Glory. Fish & Chips.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not available on Amazon UK, no video reviews only a playthrough, B&W cards look a bit drab and confusing rules by all accounts. So has it actually been published or have only a few select people got a demo version? And more importantly, is it any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may not be helpful but I purchased it from a Forbidden Planet in the UK (a comic shop chain), my local games stores didn't have it.

Last time I checked I thought I saw it on the 2000AD online store.

Update: available from the 2000ad store at https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/merchandise/Z19

Update 2: oops it's an Irish flag not Italian so you probably know what FP is. Sorry! I blame reading it on the phone... As for is it any good: err dunno not got it to the table yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tiberius O'Flynn
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Strength & Honour. Fortune & Glory. Fish & Chips.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike, yeah we have FP here in Dublin, Tiberius probably didn't help either

BTW, I had the two GW Judge Dredd games in the 80's and the cards look similar to those games. Although I think if they do a second edition or update, a splash of colour might give it a more cheerful look, will hold off buying it for now until I find out a bit more. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Slater
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Patrick!

In regards to the B&W cards, I believe it's an aesthetic choice in line with the original JD comic strips.

As for the rules, the first edition's rulebook was actually revised earlier this year, and it includes some clearer language as well as some detailed examples of combat. I am not 100% certain, but I think copies going out at this point have those revised rules included. If you want to check out the rules, the latest incarnation of the rulebook can be found for perusal and download at https://www.gameandacurry.com/2019/02/05/updated-block-war-r...

As for the gameplay - it is a short two player game where you play warring perp factions in a block war (quelle surprise), while the Justice Dept. rides down the block between you, trying to calm things down the best way they know how (namely by trying to destroy you). The game favors a good amt. of aggression on the parts of the players, loading up their side with soldiers - a lot of the strategy revolves around trying to manipulate the Justice Department to attack your opponent and dropping your defenses at just the right time to knock the other guy out before he can strike back.

Hope this answers your questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.