Arquebus: Men of Iron Volume IV» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fornovo ditches and streams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steen Kastoft Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a charge allowed across the ditches and streams in Fornovo? They have No Effect on cavalry movement.

13.3.5.e restricts charges in this way:
"May not cross rivers (or any water hexside that costs more than +1 MP to cross or incurs a Disorder roll), Trench, Ditch, or Rampart hexsides (nor may the target be on the other side of such a hexside)."

These ditches do not cost more than +1 MP to cross, and they do not incur a Disorder roll, but they are Ditch hexsides that seem to be mentioned separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Northern VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the stream I would say a charge is definitely allowed. It's a water hex side that does not cost more than +1 MP nor does it cause a disorder check.

Looking at the map, the irrigation ditches are colored blue so I'm assuming/guessing they too should be considered water hex sides, and since they do not cost more than +1 MP nor cause a disorder check, I believe the right answer is that charges are allowed across them as well. If I am correct and this is what was intended, in hindsight calling them irrigation runs (or something other than ditch or trench) might have avoided confusion with the rule you cite.

Ralph usually watches MoI forums like a hawk so you should get an official answer before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
The irrigation ditches at Fornovo do not keep a unit from changing across them, since they do not cost enough to qualify to stop a charge.

Ditch is different terrain from Irrigation Ditch. While one terrain name contains the other, they are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Kastoft Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendid. Thanks, Ralph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.