Jose Ruiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Unit suffers two hits which it cannot cancel through morale rolls, is it Disrupted and Reduced? In other words, does the unit, although reduced, retain its Disrupted status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, that's how I play it.

the disruption is the first result and exists until rallied, the flip is the second part of the result and is permanent. The disruption can only be removed on a rally (or appropriate card).

if the unit was able to rally the disrupt off, it would then be a good ordered flipped unit and the next hit would disrupt and the following hit remove from play, unless in the meantime it was able to rally (again!).

I know the rules don't specifically spell that out, but I just assumed it was implied to work that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Ruiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with your interpretation. Otherwise, when a disrupted unit absorbs it’s second hit, the disruption effects disappear by magic, as if the unit was “rallied by loss”, which doesn’t make sense. Thanks, Norman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norm is correct. Disruption only leaves through rally checks and cards. First successful hit disrupts, second successful hit reduces and the disruption remains. One more hit on top of that disrupted and reduced unit will kill it. This makes rally very important!

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.