Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua danley
United States
chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
3 scenarios into a campaign with my Wife.

Question in my head.

Why does the Bowgun have Blast and the shotgun does not....seems backwards.
Backward.

The shotgun fires many pellets...doesnt a bowgun fire a single dart.

So far playing as written but wonder if this is a typorequiring FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply, in the original game the blowgun had little explosive chargers attached to the darts. Was probably the second strongest gun in game tbh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virtually Jason
msg tools
mb
Does the Bowgun allow you to distribute your damage amongst all of the zombies on a square, or does it do full damage to them all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right it would do splash damage if stuff was bunched up, but usually you would just run past groups and not hang around. The shot gun was also more of a precision zombie decapitation gun as at range you would use the hand gun, where shotgun was a guaranteed kill up close.

I do find everything in this game to be very true to the source material. Only thing this adds that the game doesn’t is the “dodge” movement past zombies, that wasn’t really a thing until RE3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liquidavatar wrote:
Does the Bowgun allow you to distribute your damage amongst all of the zombies on a square, or does it do full damage to them all?

Blast let’s you divide up the results and apply them as needed. For example, the handgun can fire 3 rounds into a group of zombies, but even if all 3 are hits- only 1 zombie gets hit. The blast weapons let you roll 3 dice and then apply each result to a separate zombie within the target square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua danley
United States
chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
badmike01 wrote:
Simply, in the original game the blowgun had little explosive chargers attached to the darts. Was probably the second strongest gun in game tbh.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virtually Jason
msg tools
mb
badmike01 wrote:
Blast let’s you divide up the results and apply them as needed.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but in the SFG playthrough video that I watched, it looked like they were applying the full damage to every zombie in the square, so I got confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liquidavatar wrote:
badmike01 wrote:
Blast let’s you divide up the results and apply them as needed.

Thanks, that's what I thought, but in the SFG playthrough video that I watched, it looked like they were applying the full damage to every zombie in the square, so I got confused.

Yeah I watched those vids too and at times I swear they misplay some rules especially early on as in 1 he tells the other guy oh this happens if you do X and about a turn later tells him the exact opposite? From my understanding the rules changed a lot over the year of play testing and (sorry forget his name he does a lot of SFG YouTube) is the ‘demo guy’ so probably had to learn different iterations of rules etc. One thing I love about this game is how simple the rules are yet in each different use of them they can go quite deep when you start layering reactions, sizes and active players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.