Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John M
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As the title states, the game is absent from the catalog included in lotr:jime but the lcg, eldritch and MoM2e are all included. Things are looking grim for that expansion I've been hoping for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Expect its due to Nikki Valens leaving FFG, its going to take them time to reset and appoint a new lead. Hopefully, once Outer Rim is released we may see news on an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.. well we played this game several days ago and now we are back to Arkham Horror LCG.. it's just that much better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lon

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, you would’ve thought they would at least mentioned the current game as something for sale if they planned on any expansions later.

ETA:
That said, they could have just been burning through old catalogs before putting new ones in.

Regardless, even though I’m at like 20 some losses to no wins, and have only played the Azathoth scenario, I’d still love to see expansions for AH3e.

ALTHOUGH.... good as LOTR:JIME is at shifting from Journey Maps to Battle Maps to tell a compelling story, I can tell you right now that if FFG even hinted at the idea of an Arkham Files game built on LOTR:JIME principles to tell a long campaign story in many chapters using Battle Maps for locations a la MoM, Town Maps for Towns a la AH3e, and world map for EH level chapters.... I’d be SO IN.

I mean, with a quickness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That they're including EH and not this is just so fucked. Nikki leaving is no excuse, they have tons of designers and developers at FFG. Hell, the last EH expansion did not even have her name on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
It could just be that they hadn't printed new catalogues to be included in JiME in time for its first printing, or some other logistical reason involving the catalogues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lon

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
I tossed mine the night I got JIME.

Did the catalog that came with advertise JIME inside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
It could just be that they hadn't printed new catalogues to be included in JiME in time for its first printing, or some other logistical reason involving the catalogues.

I'm pretty sure they included it in the catalogue in Heroes of Terrinoth though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hepta2502 wrote:
Expect its due to Nikki Valens leaving FFG, its going to take them time to reset and appoint a new lead. Hopefully, once Outer Rim is released we may see news on an expansion.

Highly doubtful. She left months before AH3's release.
Besides, it's not like she designed this in a back room somewhere - there was a team involved. And, FFG has plenty of game design talent to step in easily.

The game just wasn't a hit. It may not get a single expansion.
Hell, it's been said over and over again that many prefer the AH:LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonfiction wrote:
I tossed mine the night I got JIME.

Did the catalog that came with advertise JIME inside?

Just checked. JIME is not in the catalog. The newest product being advertised is Keyforge.

The copyright on the catalog says 2018 so I guess the catalog was produced around the time of GenCon last year. Both Keyforge and Arkham 3 made their appearance at GenCon, but Keyforge was much farther along (basically finished) while Arkham may not have even been at the printers (the GenCon prototypes had finalized artwork and everything, but the tokens were cheap paper and the cards were probably printed on demand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
Cyprus
Nicosia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lavoisier21 wrote:
That they're including EH and not this is just so fucked. Nikki leaving is no excuse, they have tons of designers and developers at FFG. Hell, the last EH expansion did not even have her name on the box.

You do realise that the last EH expansion is, hands down, by far the worst...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can pretty much look to the skies for a new expansion. I basically check FFG every day (one of few pages that I do check), and it's just Legend of the Five Rings, star wars, LOTR and AH LCG. These titles gets around one update every week, so every day there's something new.

Now FFG staff might be busy as H doing only these updates, but there's probably someone counting money in the background who decides what gets updated and not.

It's too bad, I was hoping for a first expansion to get some balancing in, and some new stuff and mechanics. Like the first EH expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone asked FFG directly for an update? I’ve found them relatively responsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:
Has anyone asked FFG directly for an update? I’ve found them relatively responsive.

They never answer questions of this nature. They'll just reply with "keep your eyes on our website", or something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
Montenegro
flag msg tools
Game never came to any retailers in my country. I was looking through their web shops on a daily basis, and they didn't even ordered it. I presume there were no demand for it, because it sold bad elsewhere.
I'll explain. Due to a very low number of population in my country that are interested in board games, retailers order only those games that they know for sure they can sell to the last box. They don't want to get stuck with boxes that doesn't do well. It is a dying business here, so there is a very low margin for bad investments.
So, I can honestly say that AH3rd bombed hard here.

I got a chance to buy the game through black market, but decided not to do so. If it, by some miracle, came to the regular shops and sprout at least one expansion I might go for it.

I own large number of FFG games, but for some reason Ah3rd didn't 'clicked' with me after watching all those video playthroughs.
To be exact, a live playthrough done by the Dice Tower actually swayed me not to buy the game instantly, as I was very hyped. They all looked so bored with the game, like they were paid to play it.

Another thing is that I don't see the game presence on TTS (Tabletop Simulator for those that don't know). It is not played much if at all since I'm yet to see a room that hosts that game. There are always EH rooms opened, and AH2nd, but not the AH3rd. TTS is my 'litmus paper' for games. I check the game there and then make a solid decision to buy it or not.

I really don't want to start my experience with AH3rd through solo-play because that's not how I'm planing to play AH3rd, so I'll need to find someone on TTS that is interested to try and then I'll know for sure.

In any case, I feel FFG made a 'miss' with this version.

P.S. Do I have to put a disclaimer that all this rant is my opinion only, before fans start piling up on me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.