Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Avid Gamer
United States
Lawson/Dumont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just browsing my collection list today adding a few new games to it when I started thinking "shucks, I wonder how much I've spent on my gaming hobby?". I started to look through the filters and saw the Shop button which barely has any info available except the occasional Amazon price listing. I know that you can enter personal notes for each game, but that wouldn't tally up the amount nice and easy like.

So my suggestion is to include a new column choice to add in a Price tab, maybe even a Price Paid/Price Sold for the ones who often sell or trade their games and would also like to keep track of their net standing. There could be a simple equation somewhere that displayed the Total Value of one's collection. This value could initially be private but have an option to make it public if one wanted.

Yes, I could just do something similar with Excel, but I already have my entire list of games with pretty pictures and links right here.

Anyone else think this would be a nice feature or have any more to add to the idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I can't tell whether you're aware of the "Price Paid" field in your private info for each game.

Although the BGG interface won't add them up and display the sum for you, as a workaround you can download your collection as a csv file, load it into a spreadsheet, and sum them yourself that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avid Gamer
United States
Lawson/Dumont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oO Thank you, I wasn't aware of that. I didn't even look into the private field tab. I assumed it was similar to the comments section only for private viewing only. That might be closer to what I was looking for. Thank you for the assist. Still would like a Value of Collection somewhere. I think that would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.