Subject: Tech Card unclear rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
mb
The Tech says" use tokens after dice have been rolled"

When to use this?? After Defender and attacker have rolled dice? Or after attacker rolled dice? Or before the whole Attack, i have to activate it to give meine the Option to use the dice during the fight?

We Play atm and have a hard Dispute, Help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
While not official, I would say that the three of the four tokens that say use before rolling can ignore that rule for the one time you use this tech.

Example, you roll for defense and come up one short from defending, you flip the tech which allows you to use a token after rolling and say I am going to use a +2 token.

I believe you could do that once per a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
mb
Ah, i wasnt clear. Its problematic when beeing the attacker. When i have the Tech, do i use it before rolling my dice to give me the allowance to use my tokens after i rolled, do i use the Tech after i as attacker rolled the dice and then use the token or can i wait until Defender also rolled His dice, then use the Tech and use additional tokens??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that tech can be used once per a round at anytime. So in your example as attacker you would roll your dice, not happy with results, flip tech to active, then use your token. Using the tech before the roll could happen if you chose to but it would weaken it substantially. All technologies are meant to be used at anytime in the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
mb
Can i as attacker also wait for the Defender to Roll His dice, then use the Tech? Yes, all Tech can be used at any time, but this says "after dice have been rolled" ... After my dice or after all dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
mb
So is it:
i Attack, Roll my dice, im Not Happy with the Result, i use the Tech to use my +2 token

Or: i Attack, Roll my dice, am Happy, the Defender Rolls his dice, then im unhappy with the Result, i use the Tech to use the +2 token?

Or: i use Tech before i Roll dice, then i can decide to use the +2 after dice have been rolled, but i could also Not use it?

Those 3 cases we argue about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
GadyLaga wrote:
So is it:
i Attack, Roll my dice, im Not Happy with the Result, i use the Tech to use my +2 token

Or: i Attack, Roll my dice, am Happy, the Defender Rolls his dice, then im unhappy with the Result, i use the Tech to use the +2 token?

Or: i use Tech before i Roll dice, then i can decide to use the +2 after dice have been rolled, but i could also Not use it?

Those 3 cases we argue about.

If you read the bottom of page 8 in the rule book we learn a few things about seizing control. Once a target is picked that has an Opponent’s base. In order first attacker then defender declare if they are using any tokens. Once declared. Attacker rolls (and this next part is important) determines the total of any dice, tokens, and technologies. Then the defender rolls determines the total of any dice, tokens, and technologies.

So, in your example option one is correct, option two is not correct because it breaks a different rule i.e. using a token after your opponent rolls. Option three is possible but would be a waste of the technology as you only get to use each tech once per a round. So why not save it till after you know if you need it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
mb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.