Nik Radmore
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmb
For example, I want to build two tunnels. I have one steelplast and two credits. After building the first tunnel, I get a placement bonus of one steelplast (or a card gives me one, or I collect to a metropolis which gives me one), can I then build the second tunnel, as this bonus is immediate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you must finish the action or card before doing the other....but if you get a bonus as a result of placing something, that is immediate and can be put toward building the second part of the action or card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csaman wrote:
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you must finish the action or card before doing the other....but if you get a bonus as a result of placing something, that is immediate and can be put toward building the second part of the action or card.

This is correct. You must finish either the board action or the card action, before you can use the other. If you receive a bonus in response to an action, that can then be used to finish the action if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Fred
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that a steelplast bonus on a simultaniously played card can be used to then build two tunnels (using the action on the board). But I doubt that a placing bonus on your playerboard which provides you a steelplast will work.

I see the paying of 2 steelplast and 2 credits as the requirement to initiate the "2 tunnels action". If you have 1 steelplast and 2 credit you of course can use the "2 tunnels action", but can only build 1 tunnel - even if you get a steelplast by a placing bonus. In my opinion the "2 tunnels action" has to be finished and then the placing bonusses are collected.

My interpretation! Maybe I am wrong?

Yes I was wrong - I am corrected. See (German) rules "Boni durch Gebäude" page 14. It is explicitly said that you can use a ressource gathered by a placement bonus in a following build action which is within the actual action.

To say it generally: If an effect triggers another effect the new effect has to be resolved - even if the previous effect has not been completed.

PF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Radmore
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmb
Disagreeing opinions... Now I'm curious again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.