Hide
3 Posts

Pikoko» Forums » Rules

Subject: New to trick-taking games - a question about trumping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
local host
msg tools
Hi there. First, let me say, what amazing production quality (especially the lovely plastic-y cards!!). I love the game, but wanted to check I was doing one thing correctly.

Let's say I'm playing a 3-player game. The trump suit is red.

Player 1 plays a purple card of mine.
Player 2 picks a card of Player 1's to play. Because there are no purples in Player 1's hand, they are allowed to pick a red (the trump). Now, Player 1 is set to win the trick so far.
It's now my turn; looking at Player 2's hand, they have both purple and red cards. Am I forced to pick a purple card, since that is the 'trick' suit? Or does the earlier red play change that suit, forcing me to play a red?

I think this sort of rule varies depending on which trick-taking game is being played, and there's no general answer, but what's the norm for Pikoko? As I understood the rules, you must always play a card of the trick suit if possible, which was set as purple at the beginning of the round, meaning I must choose purple. Please let me know if this is the right answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have it right, and following the suit that was *led* if you can is the default for most (but not all) trick-takers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Yes, you have it right, and following the suit that was *led* if you can is the default for most (but not all) trick-takers.

Martin has it right. You must play a card matching the first played card if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.