1 , 2  Next »   | 

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: CUSTOM HERO DECK-Jaden Yuki rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's that time again, boys and girls! Time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel! Or more specifically in this case, get our game on!

Don't worry, I hate myself for saying it, too.

I promise, Yugi is almost done, I've mainly just got some aesthetic changes to make. So while I handle that, Let me show you something new.

Now, with these Yugioh decks, it would be remiss of me not to make decks for the main characters of each series: Yugi, Jaden and Yusei. The first is simple enough, but the other 2 leave me in a bit of a bind. A Gravity Bind, if you will (look it up).

See, with every successive series after the original, the main character of that series primarily use a deck of cards that were outside of their primary deck; known as an Extra Deck. Using the monsters and effects in their Main Deck, they could summon monsters from the Extra Deck in various ways. Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, you name it! Each character mainly focuses on a specific type of Extra Deck monster, however; and today, we're looking at the master of Fusion: Jaden Yuki.

Now, I struggled with this one for quite a while. Would I make a deck out of solely his fusion cards? Would I sprinkle both main and fusion deck into one, with the fusion cards being unplayable without certain effects? Surely I couldn't make a seperate deck of 15 cards with which to summon from fusing cards in the main deck together, right?

Right?

I'm throwing out the rulebook for this one, bois! Let's throw common sense out the window! Let's go nuts! Let's have a book burning!

Okay, maybe not that last one.

The idea here is that you have targets that give you powers to use. The ones in the main deck are all well and good; perfectly usable. However, the real power comes from the Extra Deck. By using various one-shots, you can fuse 2 or more Elemental HEROes together; combining them into an unstoppable force.

I think I've rambled on long enough. Onto the deck!

---

Jaden Yuki
24hp

Get Your Game On!
Power: Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card. You may play an Elemental HERO.
---
Incapacitated Powers
-Each player may draw a card. Any who do discard a card.
-One player may play a card.
-One hero may use a power.
---

MAIN DECK
---
Equipment

3x Duel Academy Duel Disk (Limited)
-You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Whenever a Fusion card comes into play, you may draw a card.
---

One-Shots

3x A Hero Lives
-Draw 2 cards.
You may play a card.
You may use a power.

3x Fifth Hope
-Discard up to 2 cards.
Add both of the following from your deck to your hand:A number of Elemental HEROes up to the number of card you discarded; and 1 Spell card.
Shuffle your deck afterwords.

2x Parallel World Fusion (Spell)
-Select a Fusion card with 6 hp from your Extra Deck.
Send Elemental HEROes listed on that card from your deck to your trash. if you do, Put that Fusion card into play.

3x Miracle Fusion (Spell)
-Select a Fusion card from your Extra Deck.
Shuffle the Elemental HEROes listed on that card from in play and/or in your trash into your deck. If you do, put that Fusion card into play.

3x Polymerization (Spell)
-Select a Fusion card from your Extra Deck.
Send the Elemental HEROes listed on that card from in play and/or in your hand to your trash. If you do, put that Fusion card into play.
---

Ongoings

2x Hero Signal (Limited)
-Whenever an Elemental HERO enters play, you may use its power immediately.

2x Skydive Scorcher (Limited)
-Whenever an Elemental HERO deals damage to a non-hero target with higher maximum hp, increase that damage by 1.
---

Elemental HEROes

3x Avian {4hp}
-Power: This card deals each villain target 1 Projectile damage.

2x Bladedge {4hp}
-Power: This card deals 1 target 2 irreducible Melee damage.

3x Bubbleman {4hp}
-Power: Draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards.

2x Burstinatrix {4hp}
-Power: this card deals 1 target 3 Fire damage.

2x Clayman {4hp}
-Power: Reduce damage dealt to targets in Jaden's play area by 1 until the start of your turn.

2x Necroshade {4hp}
-If this card as a target would be destroyed, it instead becomes an ongoing with the text: "when you draw an Elemental Hero, you may put it into play and destroy this card".
Power: Put an Elemental hero from your trash into your hand. Then, you may add 1 Spell card from your trash to your hand. If you do, destroy this card.

3x Sparkman {4hp}
-Power:This card deals 1 target 2 Lightning damage. Reduce damage dealt by a target dealt damage this way by 1 until the start of your turn.

2x Wildheart {4hp}
-Power: This card deals 1 target 2 Melee damage. Draw a card.
---

Extra Deck

Setup card:
These cards are not considered a deck in play.
If a Fusion card would be added to your hand or deck, return that card to the Extra Deck instead.
---

1x Darkbright (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Necroshade + Sparkman)
When this card is destroyed, you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.
Power: This card deals 1 target 2 Radiant and 1 Infernal damage.

1x Electrum (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {10hp}
-(Avian + Burstinatrix + Bubbleman + Clayman)
Increase damage dealt by Elemental HEROes by 1.
Power: This card deals up to 2 targets 1 Cold, 1 Fire and 1 Melee damage each.

1x Flame Wingman (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Avian + Burstinatrix)
The first time each turn damage dealt by this card destroys a target, this card may deal 1 target 2 Fire damage.
Power: This card deals 1 target 3 Fire and 1 Projectile damage.

1x Grandmerge (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Avian + Sparkman)
When this card is destroyed, you mat put a non-Fusion Elemental HERO from your trash into play.
Power: This card deals 1 target 2 Lightning and 1 Projectile damage.

1x Mariner (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Avain + Bubbleman)
While there is both a villain Ongoing card and an Environment card in play, damage dealt by Elemental HEROes is irreducible.
Power: This card deals 1 target 4 Cold damage.

1x Mudballman (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Bubbleman + Clayman)
At the end of your turn, this card may deal 1 target 2 Cold damage.
Power: Reduce damage dealt to other Elemental HEROes by 2 until the start of your next turn.

1x Necroid Shaman (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Necroshade + Wildheart)
At the end of your turn, this card may deal 1 target 2 Infernal damage.
Power: Destroy another Elemental HERO in play. If you do, put an Elemental HERO from your trash into play.

1x Plasma Vice (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Bladedge + Sparkman)
When this card is dealt damage by a non-hero target, reduce damage dealt by that target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Power: This card deals 1 target 2 Lightning and 2 Melee damage.

1x Rampart Blaster (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Burstinatrix + Clayman)
When this card is dealt damage by a non-hero target, this card may deal that target 1 Projectile damage.
Power: This card deals 1 non-hero target 2 Fire damage. Redirect the next damage dealt by that target to this card.

1x Steam Healer (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Bubbleman + Burstinatrix)
At the end of your turn, up to 2 other targets in Jaden's play area regain 1 hp.
Power: Each other target in Jaden's play area regains 1 hp.

1x Shining Flare Wingman (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {8hp}
-(Flame Wingman + Sparkman)
Increase damage dealt by this card by 1 for every 2 Elemental HEROes in your trash.
Power: This card deals 1 non-hero target 3 Radiant damage. If a target is destroyed this way, this card deals each villain target 1 Radiant damage.

1x Tempest Wing (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {8hp}
-Avian + Bubbleman + Sparkman)
At the end of your turn, you may choose either Cold, Lightning or Projectile. If you do, this card deals 1 target 3 damage of the chosen type.
Power: You may discard a card. If you do, select another Elemental HERO in play. That card becomes immune to damage until the start of your turn.

1x Thunder Giant (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Clayman + Sparkman)
At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 target 2 Lightning damage.
Power: This card deals 1 target 4 Lightning damage. Destroy any targets reduced to 1 hp this way.

1x Wild Wingman (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Avian + Wildheart)
At the end of your turn, this card deals up to 3 targets 1 Projectile damage.
Power: This card deals itself 2 Projectile damage. If this card is dealt damage this way, destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card.

1x Wildedge (Elemental HERO, Fusion) {6hp}
-(Bladedge + Wildheart)
At the start of each other player's turn, you may discard a card. If you do, this card deals 1 target 2 Melee damage.
Power: This card deals each non-hero target 2 Melee damage.
---

WOW that took a long time to type! While I go and soak my fingers, let me know what you think! Any and all constructive criticism is welcome. Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's just 15 extra cards he gets access to? :O Huh, unexpected!

(The only other dual-deck hero I've seen is Mr. Magic, who's got two 20-card decks for 40 total. Only reason I'm surprised.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not terribly familiar with Yugioh, and even less with Jaden, but it looks fun, and certainly new. I do wonder what happens when a Fusion monster goes to trash. I assume they stick in the trash? And would only shuffle into the extra deck when you shuffle your trash into your deck? Would certainly make losing one hurt quite a bit as it would prevent you from refusing into that monster, though would let you bring them back with Necroid Shaman. Just curious as to how you would want it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sypher667 wrote:
Not terribly familiar with Yugioh, and even less with Jaden, but it looks fun, and certainly new. I do wonder what happens when a Fusion monster goes to trash. I assume they stick in the trash? And would only shuffle into the extra deck when you shuffle your trash into your deck? Would certainly make losing one hurt quite a bit as it would prevent you from refusing into that monster, though would let you bring them back with Necroid Shaman. Just curious as to how you would want it to work.

You would be correct! The general premise works like the TCG does. Monsters from the extra deck, no matter what kind, cannot exist in your hand or main deck. So, if an effect would return them to your hand or deck, you return them to the extra deck instead. They can exist in your graveyard/trash, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistillitain wrote:
You would be correct! The general premise works like the TCG does. Monsters from the extra deck, no matter what kind, cannot exist in your hand or main deck. So, if an effect would return them to your hand or deck, you return them to the extra deck instead. They can exist in your graveyard/trash, however.

Good to know. That does mean Nightmist can recover more HP using 'Mist Fueled Recover' but thats probably fine. Keep up the good work! I have a friend thats pretty into Yugioh, so I'll be making cheap printed copies of this and the rest to use when we play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have a Google Drive you can use!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kHIp1RcRrJ0rR9_5qlTanOYhkj...

I just forgot to link it in the OP. In my defense, there was a LOT of stuff to get to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
A thought occurs on looking at this.

Currently, to get any of the cool Fusion cards, basically need a three part combo - two matching HEROes, and also one of the two fusion one-shots that actually let you mush them together. If you have a matching pair, but no fusion card, poor you. If you have three fusing cards, but no matching pair, poor you. And so on. The fusing is cool, but it's pretty hard to get together, which could slow the deck down.

So to remove one star that needs to align, could you just have the rules card specify that at the end of your turn you can fuse two cards together? Alternately, it could be a Power: Play a card OR play a Fusion card from your extra deck, then the Fusion card says that you have to get rid of card X and Y.

The two fusion one-shots are currently a bit inelegant and take up a fair bit of space in the deck, and their presence makes it just that bit harder to do the cool thing the deck is supposed to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:
A thought occurs on looking at this.

Currently, to get any of the cool Fusion cards, basically need a three part combo - two matching HEROes, and also one of the two fusion one-shots that actually let you mush them together. If you have a matching pair, but no fusion card, poor you. If you have three fusing cards, but no matching pair, poor you. And so on. The fusing is cool, but it's pretty hard to get together, which could slow the deck down.

So to remove one star that needs to align, could you just have the rules card specify that at the end of your turn you can fuse two cards together? Alternately, it could be a Power: Play a card OR play a Fusion card from your extra deck, then the Fusion card says that you have to get rid of card X and Y.

The two fusion one-shots are currently a bit inelegant and take up a fair bit of space in the deck, and their presence makes it just that bit harder to do the cool thing the deck is supposed to do.

You bring up an interesting point. The thing with fusing in Yugioh is that it requires a catalyst card, with Polymerization being the most common one. So, I was more or less obligated to build the deck around them. I've attempted to mitigate this in several ways, such as Fifth Hope and Fusion Recovery. Also, I've made it so that nearly every combination of HEROes can make a fusion monster. Not all, since some combinations just don't exist. Fun fact, Grandmerge isn't actually Avian and Sparkman combined. I made it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaden is now on my TTS mod for playtesting purposes. Give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First playtest done!

Without support, he seems to have a bit of a hand problem. In that he can't keep cards in his hand to save his life. Will come up with ways to alleviate this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robertson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe make the power “Play a card, or search your deck for an Elemental Hero and shuffle it”? Might be a bit strong, but ensures he can build to a fusion he wants, and lets him always “draw” the right hero for the situation. Fusion recovery might need a slight boost in that case though. Fifth Hope is still good as it means he’s got a full fusion immediately and can search for a hero and play or fuse it on the same turn.

And eventually he gets his triple duel disk engine going and has a great time. Edit: Or he doesn’t because Duel Disk is indeed limited in the sample image, thought it was slightly odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And so continues my streak of having at least 1 thing wrong in the OP.

It's fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Given how he is all about combos, I think he could REALLY use a filtering innate power? Maybe...

Draw two cards and discard a card.
You may play an ELEMENTAL HERO.

That would give him a way to dig through his deck and let him play his little minions reasonably quickly (none of them are very strong, so it doesn't seem overpowered), and will mean he could more reliably get a fusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Marcotte
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
Hi! Great work here.

First of all, there are now more than 3 yugioh animes (and as such, more than 3 anime protagonists), but I understand if you don't want to go past 5D's.

Secondly, I'm not sure why you went with Hero Spirit for that card name. For that effect, I would personally go with Skyscraper since that's a card with a similar idea.

Third, I think having 2 copies of wildheart, bladedge, and necroshade each is a bit too much, given they're collectively required for only 5 fusions in the extra deck; Avian, Bubbleman, and Sparkman are required for 5-6 each (burstinatrix and clayman are 4 each). This creates an awkward disproportional opportunity cost where fusing both of your bladedges results in no lost opportunity (since both monsters it could fuse into are both already summoned) while fusing both of your sparkmans results in having lost 4 options.
Personally, I would do the following:
-1 wildheart, Bladedge, and Necroshade
+1 Avian, bubbleman, and Sparkman
(Well, technically, I would just use the manga omni-heroes for maximum consistency, but this is based on the anime, so, working within the anime limitation, this is what I would do.)
This change should (in theory) greatly improve consistency in getting fusion material, although Wildedge and Necroid shaman become much harder to summon and three others have slight consistency loss (as the other material has become more populous). This would also fix the opportunity disproportion, as using up all your copies now consistently results in having used about half your fusions and the other half becoming inaccessible (until you recover heroes, that is).

Then again, that's just the old deckbuilding optimizer in me, and SotM decks aren't particularly designed to be optimized. Not to mention this is your project and I fully respect your decision to take or not take any of my suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChronosMysty wrote:
Hi! Great work here.

First of all, there are now more than 3 yugioh animes (and as such, more than 3 anime protagonists), but I understand if you don't want to go past 5D's.

Secondly, I'm not sure why you went with Hero Spirit for that card name. For that effect, I would personally go with Skyscraper since that's a card with a similar idea.

Third, I think having 2 copies of wildheart, bladedge, and necroshade each is a bit too much, given they're collectively required for only 5 fusions in the extra deck; Avian, Bubbleman, and Sparkman are required for 5-6 each (burstinatrix and clayman are 4 each). This creates an awkward disproportional opportunity cost where fusing both of your bladedges results in no lost opportunity (since both monsters it could fuse into are both already summoned) while fusing both of your sparkmans results in having lost 4 options.
Personally, I would do the following:
-1 wildheart, Bladedge, and Necroshade
+1 Avian, bubbleman, and Sparkman
(Well, technically, I would just use the manga omni-heroes for maximum consistency, but this is based on the anime, so, working within the anime limitation, this is what I would do.)
This change should (in theory) greatly improve consistency in getting fusion material, although Wildedge and Necroid shaman become much harder to summon and three others have slight consistency loss (as the other material has become more populous). This would also fix the opportunity disproportion, as using up all your copies now consistently results in having used about half your fusions and the other half becoming inaccessible (until you recover heroes, that is).

Then again, that's just the old deckbuilding optimizer in me, and SotM decks aren't particularly designed to be optimized. Not to mention this is your project and I fully respect your decision to take or not take any of my suggestions.

Hey! Thanks for the interest, my man!

Yeah, I know there are more than 3 series. I just wish I didn't...Honestly, I might just do 1 hero and 1 villain for ZEXAL and cut it off there; there are at least some interesting designs I could possibly use.

For Hero Spirit, I originally used Skyscraper. However, I thought it was kinda weird to have an Ongoing card be a Skyscraper. It seems like more of an Environment card. Ya feel me?

Your and Adel's changes seem like they'd be a welcome change. The deck itself is "designed" to pump out Fusions like nobody's business, and a bit of optimizing would go a long way. Also, the Omni-HEROes will always have a special place in my heart, but I just couldn't include them while keeping with the idea of fusing specific monsters. (Although, you may have given me an interesting idea for Variant possibilities...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Marcotte
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
To be honest, ZEXAL was quite trash. Arc-V is amazing until the epilogue ruins it, still probably second best yugioh series in my opinion.

Fair enough about Skyscraper name change.

Any reason why the Elemental HEROes are limited other than anime flavor? They don't do anything other than provide powers and none of those seem too abusable in multiple copies (except maybe Clayman, but then you're not doing anything). I'd probably just drop that tag.

I can see a promo that replaces the Extra Deck with an Omni-HERO extra deck, but you would need to remove two non-HERO cards to jam in 2 more DARK heroes and some attribute massaging to make it work right. I would suggest Shadow Mists, but honestly, having actually read what Necroshade does, I'd suggest putting back in two Necroshade.
So may changes would look something like:

-1 Bladedge
-1 Wildheart
-2 non-HERO cards**
+1 avian
+1 bubbleman
+1 sparkman
+1 necroshade

Do that, and you have this:
3 avian as WIND
3 bubbleman as WATER
3 sparkman as LIGHT
2 burstinatrix and 1 wildheart* as FIRE
2 clayman and 1 Bladedge as EARTH
3 Necroshade as DARK
*I know Wildheart is EARTH, but wildness and heart are generally associated with FIRE, so I doubt anyone would really complain.

And then whammo, your promo could replace the extra deck with 2 of each omni-hero and 3 Elemental HERO Core. Their Fusion Materials could look like
1 Elemental HERO + 1 Sparkman
1 Elemental HERO + 1 Bladedge/Clayman
3 Elemental HEROes
just to give some examples. (Alternatively, just add attribute tags to each of the Main Deck heroes)

Additional change ideas:

**An idea I have for Necroshade is to tack on Fusion Recovery's functionality onto Necroshade - it's already halfway there and you need the deck space, so why not? You could do this by one of:
• add to its power "You can also 1 polymerization or Miracle Fusion. If you do, destroy this card."
• change its power to the text of Fusion Recovery and adding "then destroy this card"
• change the power to "put an Elemental HERO, Polymerization, or Miracle Fusion from your trash into your hand"
Removing all three Fusion Recovery to add in two HEROes would give you one spot left, a spot you could use for a single copy of Yubel. My idea for the card would be something like:

Yubel
10 HP [Sadist] (replace that with whatever keyword you want)
When this enters your hand, put it into play.
If Jaden would be dealt damage by a non-hero target, redirect it to Yubel.
The first time Yubel is dealt damage each turn, the source deals itself that much psychic damage.
At the end of Jaden's turn, you can destroy 1 Elemental HERO you control. If no card is destroyed this way, Yubel deals Jaden 3 infernal damage.

Sorry for the long-winded post and if my suggestions are editing things too much from your original vision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here were the positives I pulled from ZEXAL:
-I liked a lot of the monster designs.
-I like Xyz summoning.
-(???)

I have exhausted my list of positives.

Anyway, these all seem like welcome ideas that I will now steal, except for the Yubel thing. I had intended on making her...him...it? into a villain deck. I'll have to come up with something to fit in that last spot. Maybe drop 1 copy of an Ongoing and add a new One-shot? I dunno. I'll figure it out. I'm a smart boi.

Also, I've now changed Hero Spirit into Skydive Scorcher. No changes effect-wise, I just wanted to change it.

I'll update the OP in a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, after some deliberation with my self, I've come to a conclusion. to somewhat alleviate the burden of there being only 2 cards with which to initiate Fusion, I've added a 3rd!
---
2x Parallel World Fusion (Spell)
-Select a Fusion card with 6 hp from your Extra Deck.
Send Elemental HEROes listed on that card from your deck to your trash. if you do, Put that Fusion card into play.
---

Also, since there is now a 3rd, I have given the fusion catalyst cards a "new" keyword: Spell. So now, Fifth Hope searches for Spell cards instead of just 2 specifically named cards.

However, to add space for this new card, I have dropped 1 Hero Signal.

So, to re-cap...
+2 Parallel World Fusion
-1 Hero Signal.

OP has been edited to meet the current version. I will update the TTS in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Marcotte
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
I think this might have weird interactions with NightMist if any cards check for keywords (and I know some villains do). I would probably use the keyword Catalyst since that's how you described it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robertson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eh, not really. Nightmist only cares about her in particular playing spells. Even the stuff that cares about arbitrary cards sharing keywords wouldn’t change anything since they already share One-Shot.

Oddly typed One-Shots aren’t too much of an issue. It’s when ongoings or similar have overlaps that weird stuff starts to crop up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaden's new version has been added to the TTS mod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy. This is a fun deck and I have questions.

My one big complaint is that I not only have to know what Elemental Heroes are in my trash at all times, but my deck as well. That could potentially come with practice ("Oh, I don't have any Avians in my hand or play, and one in my trash, so I have X in my deck."), but it was somewhat annoying having to search the deck when I wasn't even searching it.

Necroshade: Is there any reason its ability can't activate while it's in play instead of in the trash? Because again, that becomes an, "Oh heck, I had a Necroshade in the trash and should have done its thing, can we rewind two turns?" And cards in the trash technically can't activate in Sentinels? Like, there's no reason it couldn't, but there's no precedent for it.

His card draw is real good, just the level he needs for all the stuff he wants to play. Granted, playing things is definitely his weak point. I can get all the Heroes in play I could ask for, but darnit, I want that Hero Signal first! XD

I really do like how you've set up the Extra Deck. It's easy to wrap your head around, you made sure the cards look different, and you appear to have set it up in alphabetical order by Elemental Hero needed, which is a big help.

What governs the amount of each Elemental Hero? Wildheart didn't seem like something that needed to be a one-off, for instance.

I like what I've seen so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hillis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the numbering changes were something my compatriot Chronosmysty and I cooked up. Basically, it's numbered by how many Fusions those monsters are a part of. Bladedge only has 2 fusions, for example, so he only has 1 copy. I may have to go back over it with a fine toothed comb and really nail down the numbering, that'll be my project for the week.

On Necroshade: I suppose it could activate in play. Again, I pull a lot of these effects straight from the cards, and a lot of them don't work well in this format. Unfortunately, there was a card with a similar effect in another deck I was working on, so I'll have to change that as well. I suppose a trash effect is not its Destiny.

Yeah, I prefer to alphabetize my Extra Deck in the actual game, as well. It just makes things so much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda figured it was taken from the original cards. Adapting one card game's mechanics to another is a tall order. (I'm glad I dropped my own attempt...)

Given that playing a card is kind of a big thing, it would probably be worth destroying the Necroshade to get something else out. It makes the power a little better, but I'd probably rather use my powers to deal damage, and given I'm likely to draw a lot of Elemental Heroes, a free swap out won't be too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Robertson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
“This card is not destroyed for having 0 or fewer HP. When you draw an Elemental Hero, if this card has 0 or fewer HP, you may destroy it. If you do, put that Elemental Hero into play.”

Admittedly kinda tanks hits to lowest absurdly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.