Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
Don't be a dick
badge
Your fun isn't wrong
mbmbmbmbmb
Unashamedly stealing the layout of this session report from labrhat22 because it looks great.

When/What/Where
I bought this game before Christmas with the intention of dragging my friends into a gaming group. The trouble was that we could never get everyone togther at once... and then I learnt that we don't have to have the same players every single time we play, and so I just said stuff it (but I used more flowery language) and played with whomever turned up... Which was my husband because he lives with me, and my best friend who thought she was just coming around for a cuppa.

Characters
Medic - Lucy, Generalist - Bill, Researcher - Cass

Most of the group are beginner gamers, but we had a few dry runs of the game (ie. Just playing it as if it was ordinary Pandemic) prior to beginning.

Summary
I don't remember what actually happened... It has taken me two months to get around to logging this play. In the future I will have much cooler things to say.

It was a tense first game, none of us brought any real strategy with us (other than feeling that the Medic was essential). We almost had the final disease cured, just one more night to survive... but then we got a Pandemic... and some outbreaks... too many outbreaks.

Lost: Due to too many outbreaks, but it could have been any number of reasons, we had almost run out of cards, out of cubes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rangi
New Zealand
Porirua
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing.

I love this game because of the challenge it presents every game even as it evolves (due to the legacy component). With so many ways to lose, your management skills as a team will be key to playing as optimal as possible. Remember cures above all else the rest of the game will get you.

GL with your future plays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.