Subject: So what's the Schedule Now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered this in early January from Gamenerdz. I have been following fairly closely, and I would imagine that I must have missed the April shipment too. So when is the big May shipment supposed to be in? And will it be enough to finish off the multitudes that have been eagerly waiting? I was hyped about this months ago, and I've kind of moved on. Hopefully an early May arrival and a great game will get me going again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perry
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buckbagr wrote:
I ordered this in early January from Gamenerdz. I have been following fairly closely, and I would imagine that I must have missed the April shipment too. So when is the big May shipment supposed to be in? And will it be enough to finish off the multitudes that have been eagerly waiting? I was hyped about this months ago, and I've kind of moved on. Hopefully an early May arrival and a great game will get me going again.

Have you reached out to Gamenerdz? Seems like they would be best able to provide an answer, as they are the ones who sold it to you. They should at least know how many others are on their backlog list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The big May shipment should arrive at retailers in mid-May. I hope you get the copy you were excited about, and I'm sorry you've started to move on.

I have absolutely no idea if the May print run will be enough to finish off the multitudes that have eagerly been waiting for the game--all I know is that we're still catching up with distributor demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Q
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's listed as out of stock on Gamenerdz, CoolstuffInc and Minature Market. Cool stuff Inc has a notation saying:

Quote:
Only a tiny percentage of the Wingspan ludum population has made the migration. Larger flocks are expected late in the 2nd quarter of 2019.

Does that mean all copies they are receiving are already accounted for? I added it to my wishlist to receive a notification because I can't even preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The big May shipment should arrive at retailers in mid-May. I hope you get the copy you were excited about, and I'm sorry you've started to move on.

I have absolutely no idea if the May print run will be enough to finish off the multitudes that have eagerly been waiting for the game--all I know is that we're still catching up with distributor demand.
World wide or just in America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim: Distributors have purchased all copies of the second printing of Wingspan. As for which of those copies are accounted for by customers of retailers, I don't know.

Viktor: Worldwide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how "big" of a shipment is it Jamey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett: The number of copies going to distributors worldwide in the third printing is bigger than the first print run (but not by much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike schwarz
msg tools
mb
Jamey: Congratulations on the tremendous success of Wingspan! I'm sure you face some very different challenges as a Publisher than you do as a Designer. Anticipating a runaway hit like this one seems almost impossible. I wonder if your experience with Scythe,etc., can provide some timeframe and numbers for those of us who are eagerly awaiting this game. Will there be a 'mega-order' coming to follow up the ones you mentioned?
With Time now being a factor in BGG members consideration of this game, is there some thought of enticement, perhaps in the form of Expansion(s), etc?
I really admire the Games you've been associated with. Stonemaier is a Brand that commands Respect from everyone I talk to about Games. Hopefully this challenge is over soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: We do have a rather big printing arriving in July, and to serve customers who want to guarantee a copy, if you sign up for a back-in-stock notification, I'll guarantee a copy for you (if purchased within a few days of the notification). The rest will go to distributors (and there should be plenty for them if people prefer to buy from a retailer).

https://stonemaier-games.myshopify.com/products/wingspan

Yes, we're working on expansions for Wingspan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike schwarz
msg tools
mb
I'm jazzed to hear the News you bring, Jamey.
Care to put some meat on those bones? Expansion(s) does indeed Entice. And makes One wonder were you're going with it. More Birds? More Skills? Maybe even a new Habitat or Two? Can it be 'accidentally educational', as Elizabeth Hargrave says in the Guardian today?
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/apr/20/board-games-...
I'm guessing that sharing details depends a lot on the Stage you're at with It's development. Playtesting yet?
Sign me up as 'Starved for News'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We typically announce new products via our e-newsletter a few weeks before they're available for preorder from us. During those few weeks we unveil details about that product. Stay tuned!

https://stonemaiergames.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=09ac...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris nelson
United States
greenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine from Meeple Source yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it, but I can't wait to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisn96 wrote:
I just got mine from Meeple Source yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it, but I can't wait to try it.

When did you order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheridan Hortness
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came back from picking up my copy of Wingspan at the friendly neighborhood game shop. I decided that instead of hunting all over the internet for it I would just ask the guys to order a copy and patiently wait until it came in. I was expecting a longer wait so I am pleased. I have decided this is the civilized way to do game purchases. There is no game that I need so badly that cannot wait so it is better to just let the game shop handle the logistics and be patient. Besides, this way I supported a local business.

Order placed: approx. March 28th
Order Received : April 24th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.