The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fear and damage questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. First question is the fear card in my deck . Does that have any effect at all or does it just gum up my deck?

2. When I do receive fear and damage and I can present them and choose to take the deer face down for instance what is the difference between it being face up ? In other words does fear down or up still count against my limit ? The example is Aragorn was dealth 3 fear and two damage. I blocked 2 fear amd 1
Damage from test. Travel Garb stopped damage. His Brooch allowed him to suffer last fear fave-down. So what does that mean? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecirelli wrote:
1. First question is the fear card in my deck . Does that have any effect at all or does it just gum up my deck?

2. When I do receive fear and damage and I can present them and choose to take the deer face down for instance what is the difference between it being face up ? In other words does fear down or up still count against my limit ? The example is Aragorn was dealth 3 fear and two damage. I blocked 2 fear amd 1
Damage from test. Travel Garb stopped damage. His Brooch allowed him to suffer last fear fave-down. So what does that mean? Thanks

1. Do you mean the "Weakness" card? If so, yes it is a weakness in that you will sometimes draw it during a test, and it will be a wasted draw. It is a useless card added to your skill deck. It has no other effect than that, though that could change later.

2. Damage and Fear are dealt one at a time face up, unless specified to be dealt face down. If dealt face up, you resolve the text on the card before drawing and resolving the next card.

Some damage cards (for example, Weariness) and fear cards (for example, Gloom) are resolved by merely turning them face down. Other damage and fear cards remain face up and impose and ongoing condition until removed or turned face down.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith H
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Does it specify anywhere if you have to do damage before fear or vice versa? Is it up to the player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up to the player. All that matters is that it's done one card at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas B
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
You don't put fear cards in your deck. Do you mean the weakness card?

All fear and damage cards you receive count against your limit, facedown and faceup. The only difference is that face-up cards usually have some negative effect associated, while also counting as damage towards your limit. The app will tell you whether you receive damage face-down or face-up. If no card orientation is specified, assume it is face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.