Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Root» Forums » Variants

Subject: Fan Faction: Rat Royalty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A sort of experimental faction I whipped up among a few friends. Main goal is primarily a desire to create another "board influence" faction such as the Marquise, Eyrie, or Duchy. Factions that are aggressive, build frequently, have large armies, and push the game forward. (goofy rat king image for aesthetic)

Would come with 25 warriors, 6 warrens, 6 granaries, and 3 of each resource tokens (fox, mouse, and rabbit).

I can't possibly playtest frequently as I want, so love to hear feedback.

----
Author notes:

-Considering changing the resource tokens to be "neutral" and can only gain a suit upon reaching a granary

-other factions may "steal" a supply by having rule over the space they are on and use them in lieu of a matching card for faction actions

-a "Rat King" fighting force created that functions as 1 warrior but gains additional benefits

Rat King: Special unit. Remove 3 rat warriors in 1 clearing you rule and add to your King track and place King meeple in that space. At (time of day), must add a rat warrior from clearing shared with rat king to the King's track. Rat king also gets bonus based upon track. Formation and addition to the rat king occur at evening. If the rat king is removed, return all rat warriors to supply.

3- Rat king always has rule in clearings they occupy
4- Rat King adds a +1 to attacking rolls
5- Swarm- when attacking, rat king may take up to 1 rat warrior from each adjacent clearing and place them in clearing they occupy before attacking
6- Each rat added from 6 and up give +1VP for that turn

edit: added point tracker to granaries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dewhurst
msg tools
Very cool! Coincidentally I just posted another faction (the Shrewd Tribe) with a similar rule to your 'Ransack' (they place 'loot' tokens when removing buildings or tokens), but I don't think they otherwise overlap at all (and could even end up fighting over loot/supplies with each other). I'll try and test this for you if I get a chance!

Currently they only score by building warrens, is that correct? I worry it might end up being too little, as the cats (for example) score on each building track. I like the idea of a 'king' token that somehow gives an additional scoring boost though (is the idea that it is one of those tangled-tail rat kings?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef747 wrote:
Very cool! Coincidentally I just posted another faction (the Shrewd Tribe) with a similar rule to your 'Ransack' (they place 'loot' tokens when removing buildings or tokens), but I don't think they otherwise overlap at all (and could even end up fighting over loot/supplies with each other). I'll try and test this for you if I get a chance!

Currently they only score by building warrens, is that correct? I worry it might end up being too little, as the cats (for example) score on each building track. I like the idea of a 'king' token that somehow gives an additional scoring boost though (is the idea that it is one of those tangled-tail rat kings?)

I tried to consider that with the fairly large "resource" pool available, they'd have ready access to item crafting for point economy on top of having a large army. Tho adding points to granary track might be a good idea, even if they are small.

And yes, the king idea is ripped straight from the tangle-tailed rat kings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.