Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a concordia expert and since my most plays are between 4-6 players, which map would you consider ideal for 2 player count?!
I don't own all the maps, therefore I would like a suggestion from the 4 maps included in the Venus base game.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that there is an ideal map for two, but the fewer cities and regions and on the map the tighter the game will be, so try Crete, Corsica, Britannia, Italia or Aegyptus, and from Venus, Hellas. I don't have the full Venus game, but I hear there's one in there called Cyprus that's smaller, too?

There are many threads about this topic, people have even run numbers for 'density' per player count per map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Solanum wrote:
and from Venus, Hellas. I don't have the full Venus game, but I hear there's one in there called Cyprus that's smaller, too?

Cyprus is a big map with 30 cities in 12 provinces (like Imperium, Germania, and Ionium).
However, Venus does indeed include a map that is smaller than Hellas: Ionium reduced with only 22 cities in 9 provinces. For my taste, that is the one most suited for 2 player games from among the 5 maps from stand-alone Concordia Venus. But it is also no problem to play on the larger maps if you don't mind more cities per player. There are more cities per player in 2 player games compared to 4 to 6 player games even on the tightest maps anyway.

Something to consider when you play on the smaller maps with fewer provinces is that Saturnus cards become weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!!

The fact that smaller maps, weaken some Saturn cards, should also be taken into account!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
athibor wrote:
Thank you both!!

The fact that smaller maps, weaken some Saturn cards, should also be taken into account!!

It will weaken Saturnus scoring as a whole, because each Saturnus card you collect gets you 1 point for each province in which you have a settlement, so each card will be worth, maximum, the number of provinces on the board. If a map has 9 provinces and you settled in all each Saturnus is worth 9 points. If a map has 11 provinces and you settled in all, each Saturnus card is worth 11 points. If Saturnus is a common strategy for you, then on a smaller map, you will have to make sure you end the game with more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Towne
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
There is a heat map to show how tight a game will be for each player count. There is really no best map for any player count. Each map just offers a different experience really.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/170651/concordia-universa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.