Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grimbou
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are the NPC (civilians, gang, security...) a valid/mandatory target for the Purge or must they consider only the Traders ? The rulebook says : "each Purge character will choose a target, and for the Purge the term ‘target’ applies to everyone on the board!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grimbou
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Beast of War video gives me the answer. All NPC are a valid target for the Purge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ter Linden
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

I tried using NPC as meatshield... Though most of the time they just can handle one attack. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill corlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purge targetting is explained on page 35, basically any non purge figure is a potential target.

First of all, the target will be the nearest figure in line of sight NOT in cover. Note any closer figures in cover are ignored

Then if ALL figures are IN cover and line of sight, it will be the nearest figure.

Finally if no figures are in sight, then the target will be the nearest figure.

There are some exceptions, first is the Assassin who will prioritise the Captain figure if it is in line of sight regardless of whether or not it is the closest figure (and I assume as it is not specifically noted in the rules whether that figure is in cover or not). If by chance two captains are in line of sight, my assumption is that the nearest will be targetted.

Secondly, the Purge will ignore any downed trader, with the exception of the Mother who will always move towards a downed trader to consume it, ignoring all other targetting priorities.

The actions taken by the Purge are determined by the NPC chart

I think that covers everything and hope that this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.