Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: HOTAC - Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Kriel
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please could some more experienced players assist me?

1) Red maneuvers prevent enemy pilots from taking actions but they are still able to make any move them wish, flying circles around my less agile ships. Is it not imbalanced that the AI can make repeated K & S-turns for days, turn after turn?

2) How come some ships allow the AI to make an initial target lock action and then in the same turn an evade, focus or barrel roll? Is this not over powered and imbalanced.

3) Different pilots offer unique action abilities. So when using enemy AI, do you ignore pilot cards. If so, where do you get the enemy's pilot skill.

4) Can you equip AI ships with upgrade cards?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
0liverKriel wrote:
Please could some more experienced players assist me?

1) Red maneuvers prevent enemy pilots from taking actions but they are still able to make any move them wish, flying circles around my less agile ships. Is it not imbalanced that the AI can make repeated K & S-turns for days, turn after turn?

Yes, this is an intentional advantage given to the HOTAC AI that both makes it stronger and simplifies its operation.

0liverKriel wrote:

2) How come some ships allow the AI to make an initial target lock action and then in the same turn an evade, focus or barrel roll? Is this not over powered and imbalanced.

Yes, this is an intentional advantage given to the HOTAC AI that both makes it stronger and simplifies its operation.

0liverKriel wrote:

3) Different pilots offer unique action abilities. So when using enemy AI, do you ignore pilot cards. If so, where do you get the enemy's pilot skill.

4) Can you equip AI ships with upgrade cards?

They use the Imperial Pilot cards for both. Anything other than basic TIE Fighters require you to draw one of these to determine what it is equipped with. If there are multiple ships of the same type in a squadron, they will all use the same card and therefore be the same PS/have the same upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kriel
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for confirming and clarifying the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.