Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Black Sonata» Forums » Rules

Subject: am I better then I thought (easy almost the same as advanced)? :what: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Bleeker Kroef
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just played through Black Sonata for the second time and won (jeej for me) and when I wanted to see how i did i read the part about scoring and here it was where I got confused.

I thought I was playing on easy (yes i know, wimpy move) but after inspection of the difficulty adjustments i noticed i played on advanced difficulty.

So am I right in saying that the only difference between easy and advanced is the rond tracker?

I would love to know other wise i probably did something els wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
and Solo Playtester too ^^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy has the round tracker start at 3, and you remove two clue cards of a suit joined by the dotted line in the diagram in the rulebook (so you are playing with 5 suits)

Advanced uses the standard round tracker, and also removes 2 clue cards so that you are playing with 5 suits, but the suit removed is clockwise from the Dark Lady.

While they both use 5 suits, the clue composition is changed so that you should require less clues for the easy version, and more clues for the advanced version (as far as I am aware).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the movement sequences effect the difficulty as well. The basic ones on the top of the cards are easier to track than the ones on the bottom of the cards as the Dark Lady may not move in the latter ones. The extra movement sequences in the rulebook are also graded, and there are some challenging ones in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bleeker Kroef
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
Easy has the round tracker start at 3, and you remove two clue cards of a suit joined by the dotted line in the diagram in the rulebook (so you are playing with 5 suits)

Advanced uses the standard round tracker, and also removes 2 clue cards so that you are playing with 5 suits, but the suit removed is clockwise from the Dark Lady.

While they both use 5 suits, the clue composition is changed so that you should require less clues for the easy version, and more clues for the advanced version (as far as I am aware).

ah... so if i'm not mistaken the suit removed in the advanced version is not connected through a dotted line or is it the first one in clockwise order connected with this dotted line?

If it is the later then I played at advance difficulty and if this not the case then I played easy with a normal round tracker making it a not mentioned (bonus)"less easy / almost normal" difficulty setting that sits betweeen easy and normal difficulty.

surprise

mogust wrote:
Also note that the movement sequences effect the difficulty as well. The basic ones on the top of the cards are easier to track than the ones on the bottom of the cards as the Dark Lady may not move in the latter ones. The extra movement sequences in the rulebook are also graded, and there are some challenging ones in there.

thanks for this additional information and apernetly there are moren ways to adjust the difficulty (see my reply above)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bstijl wrote:
mogust wrote:

ah... so if i'm not mistaken the suit removed in the advanced version is not connected through a dotted line or is it the first one in clockwise order connected with this dotted line?

If it is the later then I played at advance difficulty and if this not the case then I played easy with a normal round tracker making it a not mentioned (bonus)"less easy / almost normal" difficulty setting that sits betweeen easy and normal difficulty.

surprise

It's not connected via a dotted line. So as you removed a suit connected via a dotted line (there is two) you ended up playing a version of the easy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bleeker Kroef
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks it all makes sense now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.