Subject: First two games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loki Mackay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played yesterday with a friend. First play for both of us, so a few mistakes occurred.

To Sink A City

I played Bane, he played Batman, Catwoman and Nightwing.

He rushed in and blew all his cubes for all three heroes! Rookie error it turned out, but he did clear about half my minions off the board. From there he found it hard to get stuff done, but persevered with a couple of rest actions along the way.

I primed a couple of bombs, but struggled to do much else. At one point four thugs with guns attacked Batman at once and only managed two wounds between all of them.

In the end, on his last turn, with his last cubes, Catwoman rolled 6 hits on two orange dice to defuse one of the two primed bombs, so he won as only one primed bomb was left.

Right down to the wire on that one.

The Batcow scenario (I forget it’s name).

I got to play Batcow while my friend was Poison Ivy.

This one was a walkover for Batcow. Getting five objectives (three rescues and two computers) turned out to be quite easy, so we kept playing to allow Batcow to go on a rampage. By turn 7 I had seven objectives completed and he only had about 4 goons plus Poison Ivy left.

Batcow is amazing!!

For the first scenario we found the balance was very good. We both thought we had the upper hand several times, and it really came down to the very last possible hero action to decide the game. The second scenario wasn’t that even, but it was so much fun we didn’t mind so much. Having Batcow charging through the place knocking down goons left and right was great!

I hope the rest of the scenarios are more like the first, but we both really enjoyed the games, and can’t wait to play more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
For the batcow scenario our goal was just to make a fun scenario cause of the character is not serious. So yes this scenario is not the best for balance cause it's in some sort a joke.

Normally the other scenario are more balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Minadeo
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
LOVE the Batcow scenario! Bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.