Hide
5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Avoid retire via running away? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elidas 3pelotas
msg tools
Can you avoid gaining the last hunt experience point by running away with only that survivor in the last moment of a showdown?

The other survivors can kill the monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wheeler
United States
Duncan
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This sounds incredibly interesting. I'd never considered running away to save a survivor from retiring. Mechanically, I don't see why that wouldn't work since you avoid the rewards which allots xp. Thematically might not make sense but there are other rules that don't make thematic sense either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stuff on the event table is pretty bad. Between the severe injuries and the disorders, you won't be able to do this many times before that survivor is no longer a net benefit to your hunting party. Heck, rolling to make the rest of the party lose 2 survival could make them no longer able to win the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should work, yes. Too bad the Run Away event is so punishing it's very rarely worth it.
I mean isn't it already punishing enough to return to the settlement empty handed? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can, and it's pretty balanced due to the Run Away table being so strongly based on the punishing Warhammer Quest (1995) one.

Of course, if they are a weapon master, it's going to be better to let them retire and breed from them. But it's an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.