5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sims
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Never played any of the D&d board games before so wonder g where to start. Have preciously looked at getting Legend of Drizzt but wondering if I am better to get one of the newer ones or Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
Which one would you start with and why?
Cheers,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably get Mad Mage as you can level up to level 4. As far as I know the others you can only level up to level 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have first-hand experience with it but I have heard that the more recent games in the line have improved rules for handling traps, as well. I'm sure the overall differences are very minor and mostly come down to your preference of theme and hero/monster variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Stigsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and have played 3. You can mix em all togeather if you want. Get the cheapest one, (or the one with the coolest monsters, they have 2 games in the series with quite boring monsters if you ask me, so get the one with monsters You like) try it, if you like it then get more of them. (Theise games are very easy to houserule, so you may want to do that aswell) good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One important thing that you probably want to take into consideration is that the last three releases (Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Annihilation and this) were designed as campaign games and are best played that way. The first three feature a series of one-shot adventures (plus a mini-campaign in Wrath of Ashardalon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.