Subject: Discussion - Day 6 Promo - Hi-Tech Labs Project Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb

Cost 17MC. Science and Building Tag

Action: Spend any amount of energy to draw the dame number of cards. TAKE 1 INTO HAND AND DISCARD THE REST.

Worth 1VP

-----

I always like cards that let you draw more cards from the deck. Welcome addition!

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I like drawing cards and one energy for a card is nice. I guess if you really want a certain card this lets you dig for it. But do you want to spend a bunch of energy for one card? Helps in those situations where you have a lot of steel or titanium and can't find a building or space card.

This synergizes with Energy Market. Convert Mc into energy then energy into cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Mundane wrote:
Interesting. I like drawing cards and one energy for a card is nice. I guess if you really want a certain card this lets you dig for it. But do you want to spend a bunch of energy for one card? Helps in those situations where you have a lot of steel or titanium and can't find a building or space card.

This synergizes with Energy Market. Convert Mc into energy then energy into cards.

I guess it lets you get rid of any excess energy at the end of a turn, and your interested in letting your energy get turned into heat. So that's a nice option.

It's always nice to have the option to dig for a card. Sure you only get 1, but being able to draw multiples makes it much more likely you'll get something useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will work nicely with the new Factory corp (day 7)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kubilay savran
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Ti nicely -.- new Corp is op

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get why people call this op in the ks update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
I don't get why people call this op in the ks update

The reason is easey: given enough energy production, you can get one card out of 5-6. Most of the time you will draft cards with tag requirements, so this card will give you far better odds at fiding the one you need. Also, geovian require some specific cards to be really worthwhile.
All this, with a card with no requirement (I feel it should have a 2 or 3 science tag requirement...), and it is worth 1 point itself (not much for 17 MC, but you can use steel for it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
even with 6 cards you don't have any guarantee to draw anything useable
energy can be used for other stuff to and even if you just get heat out of it, it's not so cheap to use it for only one card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Spending 17MC + 3MC to get this card out that's a lot right? You do that at the start of the game and that's pretty much all your doing?

It doesn't really engine build, doesn't terraform, doesn't give you points. It does make you flexible though with the way the card draw works, and lets you maybe specialize a little easier if you want.

You'll need to find the energy to make it optimal, energy which you won't be using to trade with. All just so you can keep that one card you hope is and that you'll also have enough MC to get it out.

Doesn't seem OP to me. I trust the designers know what they're doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you compare it with Development Center which cost 6 less, only ever gives you 1 card and no point, this seems pretty solid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Jack Spirio wrote:
If you compare it with Development Center which cost 6 less, only ever gives you 1 card and no point, this seems pretty solid

True, it's exactly like a buffed up Development Center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I thought you'd look here...the answer is slightly cryptic
badge
Water has many forms, mostly in the form of hexes
mbmbmbmbmb
It's another way of spending energy, and there's very few of those in the game. Not the best by any means, but it's clearly aimed at late-game:

It's a building card. (gets rid of that pile of steel)
It uses up energy. (cos the temp track is maxed out)
It lets you dig for that missing card (animal tag, science tag, 1 VP/Jovian etc.) or for a nice point card. (Large Convoy, Ganymede, Phobos, Ecosystems etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L P
msg tools
I've had great fun using the similar ability on Paralelo's version of SJS1971's Scythe Corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I for one, am yawning. It's not a terrible card, but that's a lot of cost-to-effect. In most cases, I have other use for that energy, or never built up my energy production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is interesting and situational. Six mc more than development center, but has a building tag and is worth a point. Really interesting part would be late in a game if you’re digging for a specific type of card: I.e. a Jovian multiplier. Trade with Callisto, grab 9 energy and go to town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I don't like about it is I've played with some AP prone players. Allowing some of them to draw say, just five cards is inviting 15 to 20 minutes of agonizing over which one to keep.
A minor complaint perhaps. I use everything anyway so the deck will be so vast now it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.