Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Mars Mogul level, which includes On Mars, The Gallerist (with Scoring Expansion), Vinhos Deluxe, Lisboa, and Escape Plan, costs $571. However, by my calculations, if you pledge for just On Mars ($89) and then separately add on Escape Plan ($140), Lisboa ($117), Vinhos Deluxe ($104), and The Gallerist (with Scoring Expansion) ($108), the total is only $558.

That makes pledging for the bundled set $13 more expensive than adding on all the other games separately to a base pledge. Am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't checked but maybe something todo with the shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Agre
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like it might have something to do with the early shipping of the previous games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The purpose of the Mars Mogul pledge level was to offer a pledge for the U.S. that allows for the other 4 games to be shipped early. Since this separate shipment is rolled into the pledge level, shipping for this level will be cheaper that the estimate for 5 Vital Lacerda games in the shipping chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:
The purpose of the Mars Mogul pledge level was to offer a pledge for the U.S. that allows for the other 4 games to be shipped early. Since this separate shipment is rolled into the pledge level, shipping for this level will be cheaper that the estimate for 5 Vital Lacerda games in the shipping chart.

Thank you for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very tempted by the Mogul package, but it honestly annoys me that the pricing not only doesn’t reflect a discount (which would typically be offered in a package deal like that), but actually tacks on extra because, hey, you’re not paying so much shipping so just give that money to us directly.

As much fun as it would’ve been to find that big heavy box on my doorstep, at that price there’s literally no incentive for me not to just wait and pick them up individually over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
As much fun as it would’ve been to find that big heavy box on my doorstep, at that price there’s literally no incentive for me not to just wait and pick them up individually over time.

The incentive is you get it early instead of trying to get it piecemeal over time, waiting for prices to drop, etc. Whether that's worthwhile incentive to you (it wouldn't be for me) is up to you, but there is an incentive--just not a monetary one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Melvin
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:

The early shipping is just for the Mogul option, right? I pledged for the Curator. I'm assuming both games (Gallerist & On Mars) will arrive at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
I was very tempted by the Mogul package, but it honestly annoys me that the pricing not only doesn’t reflect a discount (which would typically be offered in a package deal like that), but actually tacks on extra because, hey, you’re not paying so much shipping so just give that money to us directly.

Welcome to EGG. The tightest gaming company I've had the pleasure of dealing with. Guys are a joke. I wish Vital would start his own company and move on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
There is a discount on all of our Lacerda games but Escape Plan. You can add the games a la cart in the Pledge Manager for the same discount. We are no longer putting these games into general distribution so the prices will stay relatively consistent going forward. Backing a game during its campaign KS will be the cheapest way to obtain these games.

The Lacerda titles from us are costly to produce. The msrp is already at a much lower margin than a typical board game. As such, we can't discount them but so much or they simply aren't producible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We could lower our costs, but then it simply wouldn't be the quality of game as we want these games from Vital Lacerda to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.