4 Posts

Mykerinos: The Nile» Forums » General

Subject: Mykerinos expansion ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave baldwin
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to this expansion. It will be welcomed by our group.
I'm wondering if something could be done with the Museums. More Museums/larger Museums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see one of the "place an extra cube on the board this turn" patrons replaced with something else.

Violet is awesome, she nets you an extra cube.
"The Mole" has utilitarian value through the game, being able to place on pyramids.
Mr Brown is useful in the beginning, but later in the game he's no good. Perhaps give him a secondary ability.
Ms. "Start w/ 2" and Mr. "Expand w/ 3" should be consolidated into a single piece, perhaps another dual role (or simply get rid of one of those abilities). You end up blowing through your cubes too quickly with them.

If we're going to keep the museum the way it is, we need to stay with 5 patrons. I'm not sure what kind of impact it would have on the tempo and "stretch" of the game if we were to add another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
adam.skinner wrote:
Mr Brown is useful in the beginning, but later in the game he's no good.

Try using Mr Brown more aggressively, not just to get the museum placements you need, but to take the museum rooms that other's need. Just fill the museum as fast as you can, spending as many cubes as you can as fast as you can. You might be surprised how useful Mr Brown really is.

Quote:
Ms. "Start w/ 2" and Mr. "Expand w/ 3" should be consolidated into a single piece, perhaps another dual role (or simply get rid of one of those abilities). You end up blowing through your cubes too quickly with them.

Then use them more judiciously. They're both used more as threats than as exercised abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
There will be a 6th patron, but it is different. And with its power (and some reduced areas) the game will be really tense !

I don't think the game needs to be tweaked, so we never planned to have a bigger Museum or to change the actual patrons. We wanted to keep the game simple, so there's just some new tiles (but no extra space) and a new power...

I'll post the rules next week on the website.

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.