L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently picked up a copy of overlord. I'm setting up Market Garden but I can't figure out where the Tiger marker goes. I don't see the marker on the map. Which tank is the Tiger?

Quote:
Tiger Tank rules are in effect for the lone Tiger in the South (Troops 16 - Tigers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the tank with the little ‘1’ on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the pdf from the Days of Wonder website. None of the tanks have a "1". Two of the German Tanks in the north have "4" on them. Do you know which tank was supposed to have the "1"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this is wierd. The PDF I downloaded is missing the last two rows of hexes and the units on it based on the images uploaded here on bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can’t this help you?
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3055920/memoir-44-tigers-sno...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I remember now. The scenario editor version is missing two rows because that battle map was two rows larger than normal, and the editor can’t handle that.

I’m pretty tied up right now, but I could take a photo of my map later and send it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies and help. Some kind person uploaded a hi res version of the map with all hexes and starting positions to the files section. I’m going to get it printed on a 6’ poster.

Any often overlooked rules I should be aware of? This will be my first overlord game and I’ll likely have some of the players who’ve never used the C&C system.

Also if you happen to be attending Kublacon in NorCal: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31798344#31798344
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe play through it by yourself, just to see how it goes. I’m not sure of any frequently overlooked rules, but Overlord can be confusing, especially for new players. I’d suggest some sort of indicators (flags, chips, etc.) so that players can track who they’ve activated & moved and who’s eligible for attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also worth noting that the battle map is missing a bunch of sandbag icons that a few German units should start with. Maybe the PDF has the, on but if not, Check the FAQ for details!

Those lousy missing sandbags cost my team the game last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent advice.

I will have markers on hand. When I play C&C at home we always mark our ordered units with dice, but I think markers will work well.

The sandbags do appear on the pdf. I won’t forget (my wife makes me play Axis because she likes playing the “good guys”).

So what do the number 1 on the tiger and number 4 on the elite German tanks stand for? Does it effect the game rules beyond the troop cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
The numbers are the number of figures in the unit. For the elite tank unit, you put four tank figures on the hex (it’s a lot), but there aren’t any rule changes like there are for elite infantry. For the Tiger, you put one Tiger miniature only (or mark a regular tank somehow) and use the Tiger rules (any hits are rerolled, grenade on a reroll is a kill, anything else on the reroll is a miss).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much. I didn’t know that rule.

I have another (probably obvious but not to me) question... what are the victory conditions? The DoW pdf only talks about temporary medals, not how many are needed to win. I do see 13 places on the map, so I’m guessing 13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.