Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see their is an official announcement for ANZAC Attack on the Lock 'n Load web site, apparently shipping later this month. Hopefully I can get a copy at Origins.

It looks like they've changed the style of their counter art. It looks a little more cartoony, but should also be a lot clearer. While I've come to like the original counters, they could be a bit indistinct.

I've become quite fond of LnL, so I look forward to the expansion. Best news - one new page or rules, which apparently includes some streamlining of core rules. I can live with that. Maybe they cleaned up the hill LOS rules a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:ANZACS
cfarrell (#39247),

I share your enthusiasm for Lock 'N Load, Chris. I played TONS of Squad Leader over the years, but never did dive into the ASL madness. I was skeptical when Shrapnel announced that LnL would have the same flavor and feel of Squad Leader but with much simpler rules and faster play. Well, much to their surprise, they did it.

Now, I just need to find the time to play it more often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Riener
Austria
Vienna
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfarrell (#39247),

"...also be a lot clearer."

You should tell Mark - he will love to hear that, as this was one of his points why he prefers them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
cfarrell (#39247),

As a small unit tactical addict I'm starting to get get the itch for LnL and I'm an expansions junkie too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cfarrell (#39247),
Hmm, I'm not sure I like the new art for the expansion. There's always a fine line in wargaming, and the new look is just a little too cartoony for me. The VC heroine with a blazing machine gun in each hand belongs in a Hong Kong action movie, not a wargame simulating Vietnam. Still, I like LnL, and I'll probably get the expansion for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.