United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm in the final stages of doing my Overhaul for [DH] Dungeon Hack - The dice game. I've done a complete rework of the game play, character cards, dice, monster, puzzle, and door cards, a lot of the graphics regarding the cards and back logo have been upgraded, etc...

For those of you who are fans of Star Trek - The dice game, you'll be excited about this overhaul since DH has a similar feel to that game. DH now has 10 main character dice, 6 secondary character dice and 3 magic card action dice.

The game play is still similar to the original game but "in my opinion" better, cleaner, smoother, more action, more decision making, tighter mechanics.

When you deal with doors they don't show with all the other encounters, they are dealt with separately and if you clear the door you start a fresh round with all the dice. If you fail to clear the door you have to deal with the encounter inside using whatever existing dice you have available that round.

Magic items now have track able charges that will need to be recharged when they run out.

Here are some shots of the game during play testing

Since I'm getting really close to having this available for everyone to play test, I wanted to ask you guys how you felt about the different methods of getting the components. My plan is to put as much as possible on "The Game Crafter" website and making everything available there for purchase. This version would have all the art and graphics. I don't like how much they charge for engraved dice so my plan is to make the dice available through me for those who purchase the components through TGC but I would send you the dice separately for a major discount since this is a play test version.
Also, for those who do purchase DH through TGC and help play test it, when I put the game on Kickstarter, I would have a special pledge to those of you who purchased it through the TGC at a discount.

I will be making a printer friendly PnP version for BGG for those who don't want to get everything through TGC and want to print it out to play it. I would make the dice available to those people also if they want to purchase the dice only. The PnP version wouldn't have the art on it or the final graphics but would be cheaper to print in B&W and still usable to play testing.

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking about this again and taking my build from the last round. How much have the dice and changed from the last round to this round?

I am not opposed from the Game Crafter I would be interested in their price point.

Is there a summary of rules changes or really just the new rule set to compare them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluewizard wrote:
I was just thinking about this again and taking my build from the last round. How much have the dice and changed from the last round to this round?

I am not opposed from the Game Crafter I would be interested in their price point.

Is there a summary of rules changes or really just the new rule set to compare them.

I'm rewriting the rules as we speak. The rules have changes enough that I need to update the entire rules set. The mechanics are similar but a lot has changes with the game play and rules that I need to update everything.

Here are the new dice and all the faces. I engraved these and painted them myself.

There are 10 main Character dice with a wildcard image on one face. This wild card triggers a roll of one of the Secondary character dice which can also produce the Camp fire.

The three black character dice in the middle are the Magic action dice which you play when you are triggering the effect of a magic item. You only have three so if you are trying to use more than three magic items in a round you won't be able too.

Since camp fire is on the secondary character dice, the affect come up much less so that is why you see numbers like 4, 8, and 12. This is a value that can be used to heal the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very tempted. Where’s available to buy and when? The full version (Complete).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an example of how the magic cards work

The Black Magic action die only has the four character images and there are only 3 dice total.

So for this magic sword, if you have these dice available, you would expend a charge and place the Black magic action die on the card "if the item still has charges left"

The charges are represented by the RED d6 which shows 4 charges left. The Red die also represents the Fighter as the owner of this magic item "There are two each of the four colored d6 [Red, Blue, Yellow, and Black] to represent ownership" so each character can only use 2 magic items at a time. You can use this card once per round to create a sword action die that can be used just like any Character sword die.

When the item is out of charges you remove the die. You will then need the Wizard to cast RECHARGE spell to either get d6 charges back OR fully charge the item with 6 charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
Very tempted. Where’s available to buy and when? The full version (Complete).

Coming soon, I'm updating all the final version of the cards to upload them onto The Game Crafter website.

The game board, the cards, reference cards, components and the tiles will all be available on TGC. Only the dice will be sold through me since I can sell them much cheaper than TGC.

I can also make an Acrylic template for the game board which you see in the photos. It holds all the dice, cubes and character cards nicely.

I can't give a date yet since I will need to finish all the cards and components and do final editing on everything but I'm hoping by the end of the month or mid May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bailey
United States
Northern SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I know why you have been silent for so long... you have been very busy. I will definitely ordering from The Game Crafter website once available and order the dice from you.

Looking forward to this game and thank you for making it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Crafter sounds like a good idea. I also will be ordering. Approximately when are you targeting the Kickstarter, assuming play testing goes well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in checking this out when you have it ready, and the Game Crafter would be the better option for me as well. I am not a very crafty person. Can't wait to check this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an update video showing some of the components I have on The Game Crafter. I wanted to show these new components and talk a little about where I'm at with the new version of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.