Subject: Movement Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Smith
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sorry if this repeats...don't know what happened to my last message. Looking to confirm some things.

1. If you are blocked by wall for example, you must Natural Tumble toward an unblocked space (including a pit)?

2. Same for Tumble?

3. For other movement skills are you required to move at least one space in a legal direction or may you aim at a wall and move nowhere?

4. Food and upgrades increase movement for all skills except Tumble?

5. For Jump, Food and upgrades increase the distance you may jump, effectively ignoring all in between spaces?

6. May I use the food Thinkberry Juice during the Recovery phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
dreddnought wrote:
Sorry if this repeats...don't know what happened to my last message. Looking to confirm some things.

1. If you are blocked by wall for example, you must Natural Tumble toward an unblocked space (including a pit)?

2. Same for Tumble?

3. For other movement skills are you required to move at least one space in a legal direction or may you aim at a wall and move nowhere?

4. Food and upgrades increase movement for all skills except Tumble?

5. For Jump, Food and upgrades increase the distance you may jump, effectively ignoring all in between spaces?

6. May I use the food Thinkberry Juice during the Recovery phase?

1. If it is the start of your movement phase (you haven't used your natural tumble yet) and your only possible movement direction is a pit then you must go in the pit. If you have already done your natural tumble any skill can choose to "move" in a blocked direction (wall, edge of board) to avoid having to chose a pit.

2. see 1.

3. For your skills you have to move at least one space unless you have a wall to stop you, which you could chose as your direction and go nowhere. For your initial tumble you MUST tumble. If you cannot because you are blocked by walls on 4 sides then you respawn at the nearest legal respawn point.

4. The increase for all SKILLS. Your natural tumble at the start of your movement is always 1, and is not considered a SKILL. Your skills are the tiles attached to your player board and all of them can be enhanced by cards, upgraded movement.

5. Jump always ignores the spaces between your start and landing space.

6. Any can can be played during either phase 1 or 3. It just doesn't make sense to play movement enhancing cards during phase 3 since your movement phase is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smith
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks Ryan,

Really nice having the designer here to keep us on the straight and narrow.

For tumble then, if I have +2 from whatever source,

a)I keep tumbling 3x in any direction and then use the last top side showing to do my next move or

b) I tumble once and then just slide 2 more spaces in that direction and then do my next move

c) Something else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll tack on my question to keep all movement Q's together.

Can I tumble or skill move off a wall, or must I have jump to leave a wall?

Thanks. Complex but simple game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kikathumper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are also disagreeing in my house: Jump 1 is?:
A: jumping onto the next square/up onto a wall next to me
B: ignoring the space directly in front of me and moving over it--effectively moving 2 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Kikathumper wrote:
We are also disagreeing in my house: Jump 1 is?:
A: jumping onto the next square/up onto a wall next to me
B: ignoring the space directly in front of me and moving over it--effectively moving 2 spaces.

B is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
dreddnought wrote:
Thanks Ryan,

a)I keep tumbling 3x in any direction and then use the last top side showing to do my next move or

b) I tumble once and then just slide 2 more spaces in that direction and then do my next move

c) Something else

A: You tumble 3x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
TwoDeeSix wrote:
I'll tack on my question to keep all movement Q's together.

Can I tumble or skill move off a wall, or must I have jump to leave a wall?

Thanks. Complex but simple game

Once you are on the wall you can free move off of it using normal movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanCreates wrote:
dreddnought wrote:
Thanks Ryan,

c) Something else

To clarify (as maybe I'm playing this wrong):
Would the +2 movement only affect the tumble skill movement to make it 3x and NOT the initial natural tumble, which is always 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Iler
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:
RyanCreates wrote:
dreddnought wrote:
Thanks Ryan,

c) Something else

To clarify (as maybe I'm playing this wrong):
Would the +2 movement only affect the tumble skill movement to make it 3x and NOT the initial natural tumble, which is always 1?

The natural tumble NEVER changes. It is always 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
without Borders
Germany
flag msg tools
If I have tumble 4 or higher, I and I'm allowed to change direction while tumbling, I can tumble until tumbling is on top and tumble again? Now I can do 4 tumblings again and tumble until tumbling is on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
withoutBorders wrote:
If I have tumble 4 or higher, I and I'm allowed to change direction while tumbling, I can tumble until tumbling is on top and tumble again? Now I can do 4 tumblings again and tumble until tumbling is on top?

You can activate the tumble skill only once. Ryan answered that here http://www.quoddheroes.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=71#p71.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.