The Quacks of Quedlinburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Set 1 blue chip action - “carry out“ immediately? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the extra chip I put is black,green, or purple, do I carry out the action, instead only activate it, at once or delay it until evaluation phase as in normal rule? My friends think it would be too strong if former case but the English Almanac manual said specifically "carry out immediately"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just means the chip you play applies bonus effects as normal.

The wording in the almanac says: "If the newly laid chip also has a bonus, it can also be carried out immediately." So to carry out the bonus, you simple do what the bonus says. And what do they say? Black, green, and purple all say "In Evaluation Phase B, ...", so if you follow the words of carrying out the bonus literally, you're still stuck waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clear explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
Germany
Maintal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Schwarz-weiß wie Schnee
badge
You talkin' to me?!
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
It just means the chip you play applies bonus effects as normal.

The wording in the almanac says: "If the newly laid chip also has a bonus, it can also be carried out immediately." So to carry out the bonus, you simple do what the bonus says. And what do they say? Black, green, and purple all say "In Evaluation Phase B, ...", so if you follow the words of carrying out the bonus literally, you're still stuck waiting.

This means if another blue chip is drawn you can carry out it's bonus too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.