K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I paid 100 GeekGold for THIS?
mbmbmb
The rule says if you want to pass, you can do that, but you have to go to 0 power.

Reading of the rules, nothing disallows you from resummoning a figure already on board to the same region. It's not something that's done very regularly, but threads like this which included someone who said they corresponded with FFG, it is heavily implied that you can, to support the literal interpretation of the rules:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/522742/great-unclean-one-up...

So, you can resummon a cultist to the same region its already in for 1 poweer, effectively passing your turn.

It's not something you'd want to do regularly, since most of the time you have a better use for 1 power. but definitely something that could come up from time to time (mainly when all 1-cost figures are on board, and you don't want to or cant stall with any 0 or 1 cost cards)

Don't really like this interaction personally since i like the action-pressure in the game, but it is definitely useful sometimes, and won't come up that often, so there it is, since i havent seen anyone do this before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Legitimately if you are passing constantly you have won the game.

This game is one where the threat is constantly other players. If unimpeded any player would have a very easy time winning the game very quickly!

Passing is surrendering control to those players. In fact delaying tactics like you noted (playing a 0 cost card, or summoning cheap/free units) is not just a valid strategy its LITERALLY tzeench's main strength to still have 5-6 power points left when all other players have ran out of turns. If you specifically are out of cultists and want to not put down a warrior or something to waste the minimum yes you can just resummon someone into a region but I see the chance of this happening so rare because there will almost always be a better use of 1 power point.

Legitimately the only time I have seen someone pass is when they have 1pp and all of their potential moves costs 2pp....thats it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I paid 100 GeekGold for THIS?
mbmbmb
Yeah, it's pretty uncommon, but it did come up as my actual-best move in a game I had recently, which is what brought me to the realization. I was Tzeentch, wanted to stay in round to do something after everyone else was out, but didn't want to move a cultist, and the only one cost card I had left was Temporal Stasis -- the Temporal Stasis would win me the game on the next round by blocking off Nurgle and Khorne access to Norsca, so it was better saved than played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.