Subject: Cheepchirrup vs Pair/Gang rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Perreault
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We’re playing through the different decks and ran into this conundrum. Cheepchirrup from the Flit deck reads, “On your turn you cannot play more than 1 card into your combat area.” Pairs are executed as two separate cards where the second doesn’t exceed your limit, so my understanding is that a Pair would be prevented by this. However, in the rule for Gangs, it says explicitly that playing multiple cards at once as a Gang counts as playing 1 card. So this would be allowed? In other places in the rulebook it uses the same explicit language for Pairs and Gangs, that you are supposed to play each card one by one resolving any special text on each. So the only odd rule here is the one explicitly saying that a Gang counts as playing 1 card, whereas a Pair does not have that rule.

Any help please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
We always played that Cheepchirrup blocks gangs. Never noticed the rule about gangs counting as one card. I suspect that this is an attempt to explain how gangs work, not really a precise rule, otherwise is you point out a lot of things don't make much sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
seepieceeggshell wrote:
However, in the rule for Gangs, it says explicitly that playing multiple cards at once as a Gang counts as playing 1 card.

Where does it say that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Perreault
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Brother wrote:
seepieceeggshell wrote:
However, in the rule for Gangs, it says explicitly that playing multiple cards at once as a Gang counts as playing 1 card.

Where does it say that?

Page 13 of mine, describing the Khind rules, under The Gang Icon it says “Playing multiple cards with a matching gang icon in this way counts as one card.” On Page 12 under The Pair Icon it says “Playing two cards with the pair icon in this way counts as playing one card for character, booster, and support card limits.”

This is very confusing to me - I could extrapolate that the Gang rule is just using shorthand for the Pair rule, or I could extrapolate that the missing phrasing means it is supposed to function differently. But it makes no intuitive sense to me that a Gang should count as 1 card and not be limited by Cheepchirrup whereas a Pair is two separate card plays which just don’t exceed the limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seepieceeggshell wrote:
Page 13 of mine, describing the Khind rules, under The Gang Icon it says “Playing multiple cards with a matching gang icon in this way counts as one card.” On Page 12 under The Pair Icon it says “Playing two cards with the pair icon in this way counts as playing one card for character, booster, and support card limits.”

My rules say you may play multiple cards "instead of" a single card. The diffent rules versions are supposed to be equivalent, so it's unfortunate that you seem to have found otherwise.

Cheepchirrup is supposed to stop such multiple card plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Perreault
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow Dog wrote:
seepieceeggshell wrote:

My rules say you may play multiple cards "instead of" a single card. The diffent rules versions are supposed to be equivalent, so it's unfortunate that you seem to have found otherwise.

Cheepchirrup is supposed to stop such multiple card plays.

Thank you! Found the problem... mine is actually Blue Moon Legends. I dug up the original game rules online and they are much clearer on just about every point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.