The Wysards Tower
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm going to write a campaign using Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage and one (or both) of the previous D&D Adventure System board games from WizKids. The purpose of this fanmade campaign is a) because I want to make something cool for the online community, and b) to give the newcomers to this series a better idea for how to mix the sets.

I've therefore created this poll to try and find out what games everyone owns in an attempt to tailor this campaign for the widest audience. I am excluding the non-WizKids games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and The Legend of Drizzt) at the moment, but may look into doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for your input, and happy gaming.

Poll
Which of these Dungeons & Dragons: Adventure System board games do you own? Please select one answer.
Temple of Elemental Evil
Tomb of Annihilation
Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Temple of Elemental Evil and Tomb of Annihilation
Temple of Elemental Evil and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Tomb of Annihilation and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Temple of Elemental Evil and Tomb of Annihilation and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
None of these, but I own other D&D Adventure System board games
I don't own any D&D: Adventure System board games
      90 answers
Poll created by petewys3

Conclusion: Well, it appears an overwhelming number of you who own Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage also own the other 2 WizKids games. That's good news for me, because it means I have more components to play around with. I shall get to work on a campaign using all 3 games!

Will probably look at doing another poll in the future which will include all six of the games! Thanks to everyone who submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed „All of them“!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wysards Tower
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
You missed „All of them“!

Wellllllll... I included an option for all of the WizKids ones which are the three I'm focusing on right now.

but yeah, should this go well I'm sure I'll look at which combination from the entire range would be good for the next campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I discovered these just after WoA came out. Luckily my LGS had both CoR and WoA. I picked up CoA and loved it because of the fantasy theme but more importantly the cooperative gameplay. It was the first game I played that we all worked together to beat the game. I’ve since bought every game as they’ve been released.

Since no option to vote for having all of the games was there I choose the one with with the 3 most recent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our family has all of them (kids love them), plus we have all the D&D Dungeon Command games (all the minis came with monster cards to use in the adventure games). BTW, whats with the insane re-sale prices for dungeon command? for years they were in the 24.00 range, and now i am seeing sets over 50.00 into the 90.00 range

In addition we often still play:

The D&D adventure Game

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6366/dungeons-dragon...

And The old school Greyhawk Wars game
[url]
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2307/greyhawk-wars[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't able to vote, since I have them all.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wysards Tower
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Wasn't able to vote, since I have them all.

-shnar

If you have all 3 of the WizKids games, say you have all 3 of the WizKids games :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Tibaldi
Italy
San Donato Milanese
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for the 3 Wizkids (I still have to get the last, but I will get it), but I have the previous 3 too :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
temple and previous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wysards Tower
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated original post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Lee
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have all the previous D&DAS games from both publishers, and a copy of each of the D&DDC games, and will have DMM by the end of the year (so I voted that I have all three WK titles). MOAR CONTENT is always appreciated.

AGRAYDAY wrote:
BTW, whats with the insane re-sale prices for dungeon command? for years they were in the 24.00 range, and now i am seeing sets over 50.00 into the 90.00 range

DC went out of print, and seeing as the minis are from decade-old+ sets made by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro, not the WizKids licensing deal of all the newer D&D minis, they're extremely unlikely to ever see a reprint. I don't know that demand for the games is really that high in absolute numbers, but relative to the now-dwindling supply of new units still floating around for sale, it's probably pretty high and will bear the inflated price. I imagine the older D&DAS titles will eventually go the same way, with new copies being priced well above MSRP and used copies being the only cost-effective way to acquire them.

Consider Heroscape, discontinued almost a decade ago, with good condition minis and components still generally commanding a high price on the secondary market. Contrast MtG: Arena of the Planeswalkers, with which WotC attempted to supplant Heroscape after discontinuing it. If people like the game, prices will remain at or above MSRP; if people hate it, you can get the base game and expansions for a bucket of clean fill dirt shipped to the seller as payment. Incidentally, if you have a use for a bunch of ok-but-not-great minis, whether for custom D&DAS content or for use in D&D, Pathfinder, etc., Arena of the Planeswalkers and its two expansions can usually be had on Amazon for around US$35 or less, in total, which works out to less than a buck per mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGoodNamesWereGone wrote:
I have all the previous D&DAS games from both publishers, and a copy of each of the D&DDC games, and will have DMM by the end of the year (so I voted that I have all three WK titles). MOAR CONTENT is always appreciated.

AGRAYDAY wrote:
BTW, whats with the insane re-sale prices for dungeon command? for years they were in the 24.00 range, and now i am seeing sets over 50.00 into the 90.00 range

DC went out of print, and seeing as the minis are from decade-old+ sets made by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro, not the WizKids licensing deal of all the newer D&D minis, they're extremely unlikely to ever see a reprint. I don't know that demand for the games is really that high in absolute numbers, but relative to the now-dwindling supply of new units still floating around for sale, it's probably pretty high and will bear the inflated price. I imagine the older D&DAS titles will eventually go the same way, with new copies being priced well above MSRP and used copies being the only cost-effective way to acquire them.

Consider Heroscape, discontinued almost a decade ago, with good condition minis and components still generally commanding a high price on the secondary market. Contrast MtG: Arena of the Planeswalkers, with which WotC attempted to supplant Heroscape after discontinuing it. If people like the game, prices will remain at or above MSRP; if people hate it, you can get the base game and expansions for a bucket of clean fill dirt shipped to the seller as payment. Incidentally, if you have a use for a bunch of ok-but-not-great minis, whether for custom D&DAS content or for use in D&D, Pathfinder, etc., Arena of the Planeswalkers and its two expansions can usually be had on Amazon for around US$35 or less, in total, which works out to less than a buck per mini.

yes understand the supply demand, i wonder if people were just buying them at the cheaper price for minis vs the actual game. Which is also a reason i have been keeping my eye for these sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Wysards Tower
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGRAYDAY wrote:
TheGoodNamesWereGone wrote:

AGRAYDAY wrote:

yes understand the supply demand, i wonder if people were just buying them at the cheaper price for minis vs the actual game. Which is also a reason i have been keeping my eye for these sets.

I bought them purely for the Adventure System cards and figures, and for the tiles (which get a lot of use in the RPG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Lee
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yeah, I think more people were interested in them for the minis rather than to play DC, especially as time went on. I thought DC was fun, though probably not the most balanced thing out there. I picked them all up mainly for use with D&DAS personally, and really liked that they included the components to make the crossover possible (those being the AS monster cards). It gets brought up at least once in the forums for each of the D&DAS games, but count me among those who'd buy expansion packs, or even be very interested in WK's miniatures booster packs if they included AS monster cards... even though neither of those things is likely to ever happen unfortunately.

EtA: Oooh, yes, those big tiles are very nice. They're worth houseruling some means of getting them on the table while playing D&DAS IMO. Big boss battle, or maybe a giant melee with a bunch of enemies. Those big, open spaces with arcane circles and fires and such are just too nice to bury away forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.