Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan مروان
Canada
Metro Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been looking to add more terrain elements to my maps, and I keep finding models its that I like but they are in 1/35 scale.

What are your thoughts on 1/48 vs 1/35 scale? How do you think the aspect ratio for 1/35 scale would look in Dust 1947 since the game is scaled to 1/48?

I really want to get this model kit:
https://hlj.com/1-35-scale-fries-kran-16t-strabokran-tko2109

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrain elements will likely look okay as long as you stay away from things with doors.

Just don't buy 1/35 models, they will drive you crazy if put beside 1/48.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get a Fries crane in 1:48 (along with much more) at www.wespemodels.com. Amazon used to carry their stuff, not sure if they still do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, things that don't have a specific size will work fine. Stuff like boxes, crates, part of a wall or even the crane you linked will probably be ok.

Things that will likely not work are vehicles, buildings, furniture, tools etc. I.e. things that are closely related to the size of a human.

In other words: a box can be big or small, but chairs are generally sized so adult humans can sit on them comfortably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I go with 1:43 or 1:48. I think 1:43 matches better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Byrns wrote:
I go with 1:43 or 1:48. I think 1:43 matches better.

1:50 would work, as well. For buildings, American "O" scale for railroad models is the same as 1:48.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.