United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
I was like, "Alcatraz!" And then I was like "no wait that's in California."

I have NEVER heard of Rikers Island in my life so I'm wholly glad I wasn't a recipient to anything for this one!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Also 6 dupes means I'm winning right? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
Also 6 dupes means I'm winning right? whistle
you seem to have leveled up for that so I think that counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The_Rorab wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:
I was like, "Alcatraz!" And then I was like "no wait that's in California."

I have NEVER heard of Rikers Island in my life so I'm wholly glad I wasn't a recipient to anything for this one!!!

For some reason, I thought Rikers was spelled with a "y" instead of an "i", which is why I hedged with my clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder:

Simply bolding with <b> </b> tags input orders is just as effective as using the Cassy menu. People have been struggling with lag in some cases, and I don't want any accidental duplications or anything so that I can know when you're doing weird stuff on purpose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

I am, starting now, going to post a blank line when I've SEEN your chat stuff you're hoping for a reply/response to, but it isn't going to generate one. That way you don't have to just wonder. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't read or post in the Essence NPC's thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for an inconsistent labeling by computer programs or weird schedule burps the last few days. I've been sick as a dog - feverish, unable to eat, and trying to run this during my best possible times. Pretty sure I haven't messed up anything in the workings of the game, but I try to keep a humanity to the humans and a sterile consistency to the programs, and that's deffo not gone as well.

I do appreciate you hanging out with me yesterday when I was miserable. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I am somehow still sick. This thing is ridiculous.

I am taking today slow, and since I am, I see no reason to be punctilious on anyone else. I'm going to give 1.5 more hours for inputs and then lazily process the whole day throughout this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acox has found a hidden game mechanic: Inspiration

Inspiration is awarded to someone the mod notices taking a clearly group-orientates approach in a clever or well timed way that has a certain x factor. There is some serendipity to generating inspiration, and sometimes the mod just won't notice even if it should happen because he's too distracted. Inspiration benefits will always be for all the players in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am feeling better and caught up! If you have some kind of open... something or other, I now have legitimately missed it and you should bug me. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I have famously huge turds!
badge
I have famously huge turds!
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:

Inspiration is awarded to someone the mod notices taking a clearly group-orientates approach in a clever or well timed way that has a certain x factor. There is some serendipity to generating inspiration, and sometimes the mod just won't notice even if it should happen because he's too distracted. Inspiration benefits will always be for all the players in some way.

So this is really cool guys. Once per game I can ask a question here in the ooc thread and Tok will answer publicly. It can be questions about game setup, mechanics, pretty much anything I get the impression. I'm open to suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
acox89 wrote:
TFang wrote:

So this is really cool guys. Once per game I can ask a question here in the ooc thread and Tok will answer publicly. It can be questions about game setup, mechanics, pretty much anything I get the impression. I'm open to suggestions!

How do we escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
badge
This BGG avatar is limited to the explicit use of Quaseymoto and all others will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
acox89 wrote:
TFang wrote:

How do we escape? with our Wetwares surviving
FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadline is moving to "when I get to my post-Lynley coffee" tomorrow morning. Tonight got busy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, guys!

You are in sort of an undefined phase here, and I want to clarify that what I say here isn't an in character communication of any kind. That lack of defined cadence is part of what's happening in the game due to the disconnection from the game server and program process, so the RL experience thereof is appropriate.

However, as humans-playing-a-game coordination, the game will move on late this afternoon regardless of what happens or doesn't between now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important Announcement:

Please don't use this thread for any kind of information sharing anymore. True out of character stuff only. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of which, I'm lazy-modding today, which is part of why our day is so long. (I knew I'd want to, and Dopp took off for my birthday!) So if it seems like I'm not replying, just imagine me chilling back with my new game and my lady. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving the practical deadline to Noon BGG for local weather reasons. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Some notes about schedule this week. =)

I am heading out on a road trip tomorrow morning. I have to square away my dependents before then, but I am so far on schedule to be able to process whatever you've thrown at me at 7pm tonight as posted.

After that, we're going to have a week long "day" that doesn't process till maybe Sunday or Monday? I'll probably go with Monday evening. In that time, things that come from my end will be really slow. I'm doing one of those stupid style "drive 2 days to be there 2 days" things. (But she's worth it, just like Royal was!)

As in general, things that you get responses to from Tfang will always be ahead of things that come from other names, just because of the login hoops involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:

So, while I was away (which was lovely), Dad went in for an outpatient procedure and was force admitted instead by the anesthesiologist, who certainly saved his life. He looked bad on the outside, but was a lot worse on the inside, and it meant he was in the hospital to be taken care of and switched to ICU when he went critical.

It's been a really dicey few days, including a long and very difficult drive where I wasn't sure he was still alive for a lot of it, and I'm appropriately beat up.

It now looks like he is going to make it though, probably, which is very good. We're hoping for him to start breathing on his own tomorrow!

So I think the main thing we're looking at his an increased caregiving burden with whatever the complications to his original condition this causes, with some hope bits might actually improve with medication? It's really hard to know.

What I do know, though, is that I can't move into the most Tok-time reliant part of THIS game with my family in this state. I also think it would be hard to manage a transition after a break, just because it is all a little existential. So I'm going to call it. I think "Log" would be worth the read in Cassy at least.

Thanks for coming along on the ride, and I'm sorry that I have to call it before the conclusion, as you guys were doing a great job of coming at it from different approaches!

heart

Loads of appreciation to our patient NPCs as well, who are now more than welcome to post here. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Tok, the game was fun and I'm sorry we couldn't complete. My thoughts are with you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
Call me/Beep me if you gotta reach me.
badge
The enemy's gate is down.
mbmbmbmbmb
Much love Tok. heart heart heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for running this Tok! It was a ton of fun.

Sorry to hear about your family, we're here if you need anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  Next »  [12] |