Popular Tags: [View All]
Starfleet Droid
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
When I only had the BSG Starter Set I just used its box to store all the minis and game components. Now that a new wave of expansions have come out (each in its own box) I was wondering what other players might be using to store their growing collection?

I know from my X-wing days that Plano and tackle boxes are a favorite choice to store player's collections. I guess that could also apply to BSG.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10010110 wrote:
When I only had the BSG Starter Set I just used its box to store all the minis and game components. Now that a new wave of expansions have come out (each in its own box) I was wondering what other players might be using to store their growing collection?

I know from my X-wing days that Plano and tackle boxes are a favorite choice to store player's collections. I guess that could also apply to BSG.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

My current solution. Not pretty, but works. Rule booklets, rulers, and asteroids are under box trays from expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluck foam trays for miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
If you have a 3D printer, there is this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3265231

I have the base game and all the expansions in the base game box with plenty of room to spare. I used one of the individual ship boxes to store the four ship Control Panels and all the tokens and assorted other components. It fits in the main box with everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick C
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play WoG which is similar. I just kept everything in their original box. The reason for this is that unlike a game like X-Wing where you are more likely to play a lot of minis, have to have upgrades available, etc, I feel like the Ares games are pretty good with 2 a player. I've tried going 3 a player, but 2 a player seems to be a sweet spot with these games.

As a result, I don't actually need to transport that many minis. I'm not really collecting minis to get a competitive list, but to spice it up. And I personally have my fav plane which I just play all the time. So I tend to only bring what I need for the game I'm going to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.