Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Holm
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
Hey people!

I'm conducting research for a Business Transformation project, the company I'm doing it on is quite big within the gaming/tabletop world.

My hope is to be able to transform the company and give tabletop a stable and secure future. But I need a little help with it 🙂

It takes around 3-5 min

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemvhXKmYSSek58bd9L...

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Radtke
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ESports are a cultural cancer - and I think you should be a bit more upfront about the point of this survey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulet Natalius
Indonesia
Surabaya
East Java
flag msg tools
Angry dragon! In ssspaaace!!!
badge
I think dragons are the quintessential element of fantasy in the same way outer space is for sci-fi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop gaming is turning into esports now? Why? This is about the money, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
3+4MoreFun
mbmbmbmbmb
Harsh guys. Esports are no better or worse than watching regular sports. And don't give me that usual stuff about people being encouraged to get exercise from watching regular sports, the evidence isn't there (reference https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3890601/)

Good luck with your survey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulet Natalius
Indonesia
Surabaya
East Java
flag msg tools
badge
I think dragons are the quintessential element of fantasy in the same way outer space is for sci-fi.
mbmbmbmbmb
intellismartness wrote:
Harsh guys. Esports are no better or worse than watching regular sports. And don't give me that usual stuff about people being encouraged to get exercise from watching regular sports, the evidence isn't there (reference https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3890601/)

I'm taking this opportunity to say that I am not against esports like Scott - I actually support it. I just don't understand the need of combining it with tabletop gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
3+4MoreFun
mbmbmbmbmb
Travalgar wrote:
intellismartness wrote:

I'm taking this opportunity to say that I am not against esports like Scott - I actually support it. I just don't understand the need of combining it with tabletop gaming.

My apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulet Natalius
Indonesia
Surabaya
East Java
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
intellismartness wrote:
Travalgar wrote:
intellismartness wrote:

My apologies.

There was never a need for one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wells
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Bought this overtext for funsies
badge
Bought this overtext for funsies
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not particularly I interested in competitive play myself but I can see how people are interested in it and how people would be interested in watching skilled players on Twitch etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am from Taiwan.
badge
This is my wife.
mbmbmbmbmb
TableTop Games makes me feel:

I felt this question should be a check box instead of multiple choice because many of these apply. Happy, Stressed, and Competitive all apply to me.

As for the E-sports thing, as long as it is fun for me to watch why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkchop_tw wrote:
TableTop Games makes me feel:

I felt this question should be a check box instead of multiple choice because many of these apply. Happy, Stressed, and Competitive all apply to me.

As for the E-sports thing, as long as it is fun for me to watch why not?
Weirdly enough age was in checkboxes. So you could be all ages, but only one mood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt The GM
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the selection of companies to chose from was quite telling. Most of them are toy companies rather than tabletop game companies. To me it indicates a lack of knowledge of the gaming industry and culture in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something like tabletop simulator or electronic battleship is used, then how would it be an e-sport?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another criticism of the format of the survey - the question about companies said “which of these companies have you heard of” and there was an option for Other, with a text box to fill in. Given that there was no implication in the question that you had to consider only games companies (and the examples mostly weren’t tabletop publishers anyway) I presume the intent was for me to list every other company in the world that I’ve ever heard of.

Why are the shyster business proposal surveys always so poorly conceived? If you’re a confidence trickster, surely your stock in trade is a slick presentation that makes it seem like you’re on the ball? It’s not even like this is a 419 scam where you make it look deliberately bad to weed at the people that aren’t credulous enough to fall for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.