Popular Tags: [View All]
John LeBlanc
United States
Plaistow
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I know this is a dumb one, but I couldn't sort it out.

A leg unit is listed as 1/4 for movement on a railroad. Does this literally mean a L unit pays 4 movement for every hex along a red line (RR)?

I'm confused by the line that says something like "treat a railroad like a road in all respects..."

If that is how it works, can the unit ignore that if the terrain in the hex is clear?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The line that confuses you means that you can move along a RR using either rail movement (Rule 8) or treat it as a road for normal ground movement (Rules 6 and 7). I.e., if there is a RR in a hex, there is also a road parallel to it (but not shown).

Also, the "1/4" means 1/4, not 4. So for each movement point spent moving along a road you can move 4 hexes. If you have three movement points in the current impulse, your leg units could move 12 hexes along a road, expending 1/4 MP for each hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LeBlanc
United States
Plaistow
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much! That makes perfect sense.

Somehow I processed "road/railroad" and then "1/4" to mean different movement costs for each terrain type.

I'll have to restart, but boy does everything fall into place after that!

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.