Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore/Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I generously received the files for this game, this is fast becoming a favorite of mine. Played a third game on Saturday as the Tripolitans. The Americans initially sunk one of my corsairs from Gibraltar. The other one escaped to Tripoli. After that I began a campaign of raiding despite the Swedes coming on. The American player had some success in shutting down the Tripolitan allies with good and timely card play. The cat and mouse game continued for several years with the Tripolitans amassing 9 Gold by 1806. Only one American frigate had been sunk. Then the Americans realized that they did not have the appropriate cards in hand to take Benghazi (Derne had fallen in 1805) and assault Tripoli. Their only recourse was the Peace and Amity Treaty. The last two turns saw the Tripolitans with 11 Gold. The Fall turn saw the Americans shut down the last Tripolitan ally. The Tripolitans then played Constantinople sends aid which gave them a frigate at Tripoli harbor. The Americans then realized that they could only hope for a draw. The Tripolitans conducted a raid with four corsairs. Three went undetected by the American fleet. But, alas, the Tripolitan raid came up empty leaving the game a draw. The game only took about an hour and a half. It plays really fast. Looking forward to my next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, an hour and a half? That's almost double the time our games have been taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore/Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're slow and we were reading rules as we went also. Probably will be quicker in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.