Subject: Magic Weapons Treasure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Harris
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
I rolled a +1 light slashing weapon for a magic treasure, but light weapons have a -1 to attack rolls. So does that technically make it a +0, so you wouldn't get the -1 penalty anymore?

I am personally playing it like it reads. Giving the character a +1 attack bonus. It is a magic weapon after all.

"Magic Weapon. Gives +1 to its user’s Attack rolls. This is a permanent magic item. Roll d6 to determine its type: 1 crushing light hand
weapon, 2 slashing light hand weapon, 3 crushing hand weapon, 4-5
slashing hand weapon, 6 bow.

Was curious how other people are playing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recon022 wrote:
I rolled a +1 light slashing weapon for a magic treasure, but light weapons have a -1 to attack rolls. So does that technically make it a +0, so you wouldn't get the -1 penalty anymore?

I am personally playing it like it reads. Giving the character a +1 attack bonus. It is a magic weapon after all.

"Magic Weapon. Gives +1 to its user’s Attack rolls. This is a permanent magic item. Roll d6 to determine its type: 1 crushing light hand
weapon, 2 slashing light hand weapon, 3 crushing hand weapon, 4-5
slashing hand weapon, 6 bow.

Was curious how other people are playing it?
The answer given by the author was +1-1=0 so the weapon is now a light hand weapon without the -1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Harris
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
Ahh ok, well that still beats getting the -1 for those weapons. That can make a big difference! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Harris
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
On another note, if you get a -1 when using light weapons, is it actually possible to get an exploding 6? Technically, with the -1, a 6 would be a 5.

I've been playing it that if I roll a 6, it explodes and I roll again. Then I apply the -1 to the end total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recon022 wrote:
On another note, if you get a -1 when using light weapons, is it actually possible to get an exploding 6? Technically, with the -1, a 6 would be a 5.

I've been playing it that if I roll a 6, it explodes and I roll again. Then I apply the -1 to the end total.
That is how I play it as well. A natural six explodes period on my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E r i c k N. B o u c h a r d
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You do it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.