5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Child of the Lhûn Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
During the Shadow Phase, if a group of 3 goblins move into the space to attack Elena and she has the card Child of the Lhûn prepared.

How does the player resolve the card with the application?

I noticed that i couldn't affect the Goblin's health. My only option was to select "Attack" or "No Target". Ideally, this card would have automatically killed 1 of the 3 goblins. (given that they each had 3 health and 1 armor).

I treated it more as an "ambush" on behalf of the goblins. The move and attack would be treated as one action. As such, I let them (the goblins) complete their attack and then resolved Elena's card. However it didn't felt finicky like this may not be the intended way to be played and we were uncertain if this was correct way to resolve the event.

Has anyone else encountered this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should still be able to select the enemy icon at the bottom and assign hits. If you kill one, the app will instruct you to remove it and then the app will continue with the attack/no attack option (if any remain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Kenny said above.

Note: Child of the Lhûn also applies stun, so the app will end the enemy group's activation after you apply the 4 hits and stun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Boy wrote:
What Kenny said above.

Note: Child of the Lhûn also applies stun, so the app will end the enemy group's activation after you apply the 4 hits and stun.

This...the stun stops the enemy attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks. I don't know why it wasn't working for me originally. It works fine now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.