Robin Hood and the Merry Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forced Passive Card play on a full location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Kidd
Japan
flag msg tools
Q1:
The other day, playing a game members started to have trouble using their active cards on a location because there were no available hideouts. We went with the rule that if a location has no hideouts, then the card must be passive.

I would like to confirm the conditions for playing an active card on a location that has no hideouts.

1. Card symbol matches location desired to go: UNDERSTOOD
2. A hideout must be available to play an active card on a location: Not sure

I know that the main area can contain an unlimited number of MM, but when placing a MM in the main area does the card automatically become a passive card?

------

Q2:
If an area is full of guards, can a MM still be placed in the main area and not be arrested?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rexkid2000 wrote:
Q1:
The other day, playing a game members started to have trouble using their active cards on a location because there were no available hideouts. We went with the rule that if a location has no hideouts, then the card must be passive.

I would like to confirm the conditions for playing an active card on a location that has no hideouts.

1. Card symbol matches location desired to go: UNDERSTOOD
2. A hideout must be available to play an active card on a location: Not sure

I know that the main area can contain an unlimited number of MM, but when placing a MM in the main area does the card automatically become a passive card?

------

Q2:
If an area is full of guards, can a MM still be placed in the main area and not be arrested?

Thanks

Q1: The rules say you can't put a Merry Man in a location's hideout if none are available. The only time you can play an active card is when putting a Merry Man in a hideout; therefore, placing a Merry Man in the main area requires a passive card.

Q2: Guards never go in a main area. If there are no hideouts available in a site, the guard goes to the guards track in the Village. Merry Men cannot be arrested in a main area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.