Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

We played our first game on Saturday and found ourselves with a curious interaction between 2 protection spells:

- Bone Armour: "The model that attacked you suffers 1 damage for each damage inflicted to you. (Max 5)
- Obscure Armour: "Avoid the next damage you suffer by an enemy model. The model that attacked you suffers 1 damage.

I attacked another player, he used Bone Armour and I replied back with Obscure Armour, but we had our doubts whether "by an enemy model" could be actually applied to a situation that happens more or less automatically and in the end we decided that my Obscure Armour wouldn't trigger due to a protection spell.

Is this right? What is considered damage made by an enemy model?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lochi wrote:
Hi all,

We played our first game on Saturday and found ourselves with a curious interaction between 2 protection spells:

- Bone Armour: "The model that attacked you suffers 1 damage for each damage inflicted to you. (Max 5)
- Obscure Armour: "Avoid the next damage you suffer by an enemy model. The model that attacked you suffers 1 damage.

I attacked another player, he used Bone Armour and I replied back with Obscure Armour, but we had our doubts whether "by an enemy model" could be actually applied to a situation that happens more or less automatically and in the end we decided that my Obscure Armour wouldn't trigger due to a protection spell.

Is this right? What is considered damage made by an enemy model?

My interpretation hinges on the keyword "enemy model". Bone armor triggers and is the cause of the damage, therefor Obscure armor cannot trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly won't argue (because I do not know the answerwhistle), but I'd interpret it that both do come into play. The damage is thrown each way, whether actually physically done by both mages or not. The effects are still cause by what the mages ended up placing into play.
The one who used Bone would have caused equal damages to both, but because he/she did not know the other could respond with Obscure Armor, that mage was protected and 1 damage got thrown back to the one with Bone Armor.

But what do I know...modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
I certainly won't argue (because I do not know the answerwhistle), but I'd interpret it that both do come into play. The damage is thrown each way, whether actually physically done by both mages or not. The effects are still cause by what the mages ended up placing into play.
The one who used Bone would have caused equal damages to both, but because he/she did not know the other could respond with Obscure Armor, that mage was protected and 1 damage got thrown back to the one with Bone Armor.

But what do I know...modest

1 damage? I understand the whole protection counterattack as protected at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Montanaro
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
It easy to be solved, you resolve all the spells in the order following the interruptions.
1- you damage the opponent
2- he triggers the protection bone armour he the resolves it. He takes the damage and inflict the same damage to you
3- you then trigger your protection which will make you ignore the damage and inflict him ( the enemy model) 1 damage
4- at the end of the story you inflict your opponent the starting damage plus 1 damage for your protection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco Montanaro wrote:
It easy to be solved, you resolve all the spells in the order following the interruptions.
2- he triggers the protection bone armour he the resolves it. He takes the damage and inflict the same damage to you
3- you then trigger your protection which will make you ignore the damage and inflict him ( the enemy model) 1 damage
4- at the end of the story you inflict your opponent the starting damage plus 1 damage for your protection

I was unclear whether the term "damage from a model" was intended to be damage from a physical action while "damage from a spell" was treated differently. Your ruling here seems to indicate they are all the same in terms of interaction with spell effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marco Montanaro wrote:

Wouldn't it be only 1 damage dealt in the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Fiedler
Germany
flag msg tools
Lochi wrote:
Marco Montanaro wrote:

Wouldn't it be only 1 damage dealt in the end?

Why? Bone armour doesn't prevent damage, it just retaliates 1 damage for every damage inflicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, I assumed as an armor it would avoid the damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Montanaro
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, unless specified the action that generates damage the damages are all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.