Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first question is about March(ing).
May March only happen on roads (continuous line) and trails (dashed line)?
The table headers of table 6.5.2 on page 6 seems to suggest this, but I am not sure.

Second question is about the Nagakute scenario and the Iwasaki Castle.
The Shoryuji-jo fortress board seems to be only for the Yamazaki battle BUT the fortress siege rules are in chapter 15, not in chapter 19 (Yamazaki). To make the matter more muddy, the first line of 15.1 reads: "All forms of combat in and around a Fortress are resolved on a separate Map, knows as the Siege Map". Now I'm no expert about the differences of a Fortress vs the Iwasaki Castle but all of this made me wonder whether fighting for control of the Iwasaki castle on the Nagakute map should make use of the fortress map...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know:

Marching: Units in marching formation can also move cross-country (see example of play on page 6). They just have benefits when moving along roads/trails.

Nagakute: Iwasaki is not a fortress, but a castle. There's no fortress map for Nagakute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I play it... but the wording of the tables and rules makes me feel like I played the game wrongly all time long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pierre is right on both questions.

The fortress rules are not in the chapter 19 because they also apply to kawanakajima, and will apply to Anegawa, Nagashino and Okehazama as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Efvehem wrote:
Pierre is right on both questions.

The fortress rules are not in the chapter 19 because they also apply to kawanakajima, and will apply to Anegawa, Nagashino and Okehazama as well.

But kawanakajima and the next game will have their own rulebook, won't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. With the same chapter 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.